News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nothatsmrt

Nothatsmrt Profile Photo
Member Name: Nothatsmrt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Grey Gardens - Friday, July 6th
 Jul 9 2007, 08:40:26 AM
I was there!!!! I remember thinking that it was such a great moment, with two Tony winners on stage, and how glad I was that I got to see this show before it closed, and then the cell phone!

Nevertheless, I thought Christine Ebersole and Mary Louise Wilson, as well as the entire cast, were wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

re: World Premier of an Opera this Weekend: Stephanie Blythe Fans
 Nov 15 2006, 01:53:05 PM
Stephanie is incredible...I was fortunate to hear her tear up the scenery at the Met a few years ago in "The Rake's Progress", and I was blown away by her incredibly expressive voice.

Have fun!

re: In honor of tonight (10/5)...
 Oct 5 2006, 10:45:20 AM
Ooooooooone....
re: random star spotting
 May 22 2006, 10:54:12 AM
I was lucky enough to be crashing in the city with a friend to attend a training class for work, and saw:

-Jim Dale on Tuesday evening on 53rd St.
-Victoria Clark in front of Alice Tully Hall on Wednesday evening.

and my personal favorite, for all you opera fans:

-Joseph Volpe, outgoing general manager of the Metropolitan Opera, on Wedesday evening, having a cigar right outside of the Metropolitan Opera house in front of the poster advertising the gala in his ho

re: MUST HAVE cast recordings for a Broadway enthusiast
 Apr 10 2006, 01:12:11 PM
Guys and Dolls all the way (the revival recording with Nathan Lane, Faith Prince, etc). It's larger than life to me, and the show is a classic. As Nathan Lane said in the documentary of the making of the recording, "It's bigger than Cats. Now and forgetaboutit!"
munk's tarzan review
 Apr 7 2006, 04:15:11 PM
Munk, I enjoyed your review as well. Thanks for your insight. Since I'm saving my pennies for The Drowsy Chaperone tickets, I probably won't spend the money to see Tarzan, but look forward to everyone's reviews on it, before and after opening night.
re: Audra McDonald at Houston grand opera-opening night
 Mar 7 2006, 11:33:34 AM
I've been reading Audra's rehearsal blog on operanews.com, so I was eager to hear how opening night went. This is the only review I've seen so far:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/3704689.html

Has anyone else read anything? Anyone at opening night?

re: the show that got you hooked
 Mar 6 2006, 02:20:36 PM
The musical that hooked me was the movie version of "The Sound of Music". I was in 6th grade. That movie was, and still is, pure magic to me.

The show (live Broadway) that got me hooked was (oh lord) Phantom of the Opera. It had already been running for a few years when I saw it as a 12 year old.

re: Favorite Sondheim Intricate Rhyming Lyrics
 Feb 27 2006, 11:51:15 AM
And, to ohhoney_

"..but do you have a basket?"

re: Favorite Sondheim Intricate Rhyming Lyrics
 Feb 27 2006, 11:48:19 AM
I love "On the Steps of the Palace", so I'm posting these lyrics, even if they're already here.

"But then what if he knew who you were when you know that you're not what he thinks that he wants?

And then what if you are what a prince would envision?

Although how can you know who you are 'till you know what you want, which you don't, so then which do you pick?
Where you're safe out of sight and yourself but where everything's wrong,
Or where everything's rig

re: OMG Les Miz Will Return to Broadway
 Feb 17 2006, 08:55:30 AM
"Playbill.com learned that marquee-value names are being explored for the Broadway run, although no casting has been announced."

Despite my intense love for this show, I'd like to echo Dollypop's sentiments and say that this sentence struck immediate fear in my heart. Should be interesting. Can't wait to see the discussions here once the cast is announced.

re: Help - I need duet ideas!
 Feb 14 2006, 11:23:18 AM
"It Takes Two" Into the Woods
"Wanting" Rags
"A Little Fall of Rain" Les Mis
"In His Eyes" Jekyll and Hide
"People will Say We're In Love" Oklahoma
"All I Ask of You" Phantom
"Home" Phantom (Maury Yeston)
"I've Never Been in Love Before" Guys and Dolls
"By My Side" Godspell

These are just a few that came to mind at the moment.

re: Sweeney Todd questions (WARNING: Possible spoilers!)
 Feb 10 2006, 09:19:08 AM
What a fabulous thread!!!

I think that everyone picks up on the fact that Sondheim intended to make a "scary show", and that sentiment really plays into the many interpretations of the premise of the show and its storytelling.
For example, when I was in a community theater production of the show, everyone (except Anthony and Johanna) were in pale makeup with dark circles under their eyes. We had many discussions on what that could mean to audiences, and how that helped our performa

re: Sweeney Todd questions (WARNING: Possible spoilers!)
 Feb 9 2006, 04:32:24 PM
"I am left with the impression that it is just as likely that she will come to her own "Epiphany" in time."

Smartpenguin, I agree completely. I think that while she and Anthony may be together after the show, the impact of the events that transpire during the course of the show will affect her in a profound way for years to come. In a Broadway.com interview, Lauren Molina says, "She's Sweeney's daughter, it's in there somewhere!", and I think that's a fascinating way to look at it.

Lauren Molina's interview, if you want to read the rest:

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=524483

re: Most Meaningful Message
 Feb 9 2006, 02:27:10 PM
"Careful the things you say/Children will listen".
-Into the Woods

re: KISMET @ Encores
 Feb 8 2006, 04:04:05 PM
Jacobtsf, Danny Rutigliano is playing the Wazir. He is excellent...he replaced Max Casella as Timon in The Lion King back in 1998, and then originated the role in LA. He's also in the "When you do it Ebay!!" commercial. He's a friend of my uncle's, and I am sure he will be wonderful.
re: DROWSY WILL TAKE THE MARQUIS!
 Feb 8 2006, 03:23:54 PM
I am so eager to see this show! I am especially hopeful that Beth Leavel comes to Broadway in it...not only is she a fabulous performer and extremely nice, but she lives up the street from me!
re: Admit it--you know nothing about ____ show
 Feb 6 2006, 10:05:27 AM
I will be shot for sure, but I know practically nothing about The Music Man, except for the first few lines of "Til There Was You", and that I know from the 1st Beatles' Anthology. Sad, right? But I will give up The Music Man to know Follies better any day.
re: I turned my boyfriend into a MONSTER!
 Feb 3 2006, 03:30:18 PM
I'm so glad I convinced my boyfriend to see Avenue Q instead. Although, now he sings "The Internet is for p*rn".
re: Sweeney Todd CD Signing with Sondheim
 Feb 1 2006, 08:58:52 AM
I just want to say that I was there last night as well. My friend and I got into the theater at around 11...I think we may have been some of the last to get it. When we actually got inside, I was surprised to hear that they were playing the recording. So, when we got up to the stage, and I was standing in front of Stephen Sondheim himself, what did I ask him?
"Have all of you really been listening to the cd all night?"

And he and Michael said, "We've actually long since tuned i

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You