pixeltracker

Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..- Page 5

Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..

BNN
#100re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 12:37pm

Show Boat: Old Man River was written to cover up a noisy scene change early in Act One

West Side Story: Music that Leonard Bernstein discarded from The Rumble and Tonight (Quartet) went into a choral work of his, Chichester Psalms.

Sweeney Todd holds the record for most investers, with at least 500 if I'm not mistaken. Also, the blood from the Sweeney Todd revival is edible but not very delicious as a friend of mine found out.

Tick Tock

Mattbrain
#101re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 2:57pm

Ziegfeld hated Ol' Man River. He would sit there during rehearsals yelling, "Goddamn bass!"

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#102re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 3:51pm

they wanted to have them be ruby slippers for the stage... but the ruby slippers are copyrighted. same reason for why glinda's dress isnt the pink one.

I still can't believe that. They might be able to copyright a shoe design , but not a color. If they wanted them to be that color, they could just have designed different looking shoes, but I doubt they could have sued over the color - otherwise, the musical is full of elements that are almost identical to those in the film, so I have my questions about that.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

broadwayguy2
#103re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 3:56pm

the concept of the ruby slippers IS copyrighted. The shoes are silver in the stories, however, MGM changed them to Ruby for the film and that is copyrighted. Disney had to go through extensive negotiations to use Ruby slipper in Return to Oz.

Glinda's dress color is not copyrighted. Read interviews. Hilferty chose to use a different color to avoid people drawing visual comparisons with the film. She wanted the WICKED Glinda to be readily accepted as NOT who she was in the MGM film.

neddyfrank2
#104re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 4:02pm

Mario Cantone was originally offered the role of Timon in The Lion King, but turned it down.

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#105re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 4:48pm

Bye Bye Birdie was originally titled "Let's Go Steady"

Mary Martin was considered for the role of Fanny Brice in the original production of Funny Girl

Initally the "real life" June Havoc refused to let her name be used in Gypsy. The character's name was changed to Baby Claire. Soon after Havoc realized that everyone would recognize her as the character anyway so she gave them the release to use her name.

The original title for Hello Dolly! was Dolly, A Damned Exasperating Woman

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

Mattbrain
#106re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 5:27pm

If you've seen Laugh Whore, you probably know that Mario Cantone's sister was unbelievably pissed off when she found out that Mario turned down The Lion King.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

bwaybabe3
#107re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 5:51pm

anthony writes all about that scene in his book!

NathanLaneStalker
#108re: Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Your Favorite Shows..
Posted: 11/26/06 at 6:07pm

"If you've seen Laugh Whore, you probably know that Mario Cantone's sister was unbelievably pissed off when she found out that Mario turned down The Lion King."

I forgot about that one! lmao! That was to funny. "it was like carrying around a dead siamese twin!" Haha.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Videos