pixeltracker

Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)- Page 5

Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#100re: Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)
Posted: 3/28/13 at 9:25pm

Future Broadway Legend... ME!!

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#101re: Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)
Posted: 3/28/13 at 9:28pm

Idina Menzel (undeservedly, imo)

Oh you did not just go there. Idina is my idol.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#102re: Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)
Posted: 3/28/13 at 9:57pm

re: Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)

"Nice is different than good."

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#103re: Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)
Posted: 4/13/13 at 11:33am

I've been thinking about this thread since it was last bumped up. in particular I've been thinking about SeanMartin's post.

it sounds like some people are saying that, because Broadway's relevance in this generation has changed, there won't be what people consider to be "Broadway Legends." SeanMartin also pointed out that people of past generations who were famous and highly respected, are rarely known today.

What I was thinking about though, is about how our generation is a lot more preservable. With changes in technology like the internet (or even bootlegs for that matter, though I know we don't talk about that here), everything is more easily preserved. All reviews, interviews, videos of performances, etc. are posted online, and are thereby more accessible and enduring. Do you think that will have a balancing effect on the longevity of these actors' fame, even if they don't achieve the same level of stardom as some Broadway stars of past generations?

Updated On: 4/13/13 at 11:33 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#104re: Broadway Legends of this Generation???? (future broadway legends)
Posted: 4/13/13 at 7:39pm

For a second there, I thought the original poster meant the Broadway Legends who post here on BWW. Oh well. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 4/13/13 at 07:39 PM

Videos