News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheGingerBreadMan

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
Member Name: TheGingerBreadMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/10/23  Dec 13 2023, 02:57:02 AM

I didn't realize that Sarah Paulson would be such a draw. I'm happy to see it happen though.

APPROPRIATE Previews  Nov 30 2023, 02:40:19 PM

I saw a semi-professional production of this play a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to hearing reports from this production.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/26/23  Nov 29 2023, 04:50:33 PM

I'm curious why Ohio opened now instead of waiting until spring. Seems like that would have been a more lucrative decision.

What Off-Broadway and Off-Off Broadway shows have gone on tour?  Oct 20 2023, 02:33:08 PM
Potted Potter
What Off-Broadway and Off-Off Broadway shows have gone on tour?  Oct 20 2023, 11:11:51 AM

Evil Dead

Dixie's Tupperware Party

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/15/23  Oct 19 2023, 01:51:09 PM

I'd love to be proven wrong if the rumor is true, but I cannot picture Tveit as Sweeney. Not at all.

Favorite theatre related podcasts?  Oct 18 2023, 02:57:31 PM

They don't record new episodes anymore (and one of the hosts has passed away), but I always enjoyed Three On The Aisle and often go back and listen to their backlog of episodes.

Dramatic Duet Scenes from Straight Plays  Oct 18 2023, 01:12:54 PM

The Normal Heart - Scene 14. Terrific scene for two men.

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews  Oct 16 2023, 08:03:03 AM

Would anyone who saw Willa Bost as Idella this weekend care to share their thoughts on her performance?

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews  Oct 13 2023, 08:53:05 AM

quizking101 said: "Now extended through February 4th, 2024.

I’m this show’s biggest fan, but even I think this is a bold move and VERY wishful thinking.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/PURLIE-VICTORIOUS-Extends-Broadway-Run-20231013
"

I'm happy for them, but this is a surprising thing to do based on their grosses so far. I hope they don't end up having to backtrack and close earlier than the extension date.

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chicago  Sep 28 2023, 09:06:04 AM

FAITH PRINCE! She can get me to see anything.

Full Cast

Director Jamie Lloyd next project is Phantom  Sep 27 2023, 11:20:57 AM

KevinKlawitter said:

"Sing once again with me / our strange duet / my power over you / grows stronger yet / and through you turn from me / to glance behind / the Phantom of the opera is there / inside your mind"

not exactly subtle.
"

In addition: 

I have brought you
That our passions may fuse and merge
In your mind you've already succumbed to me
Dropped all defenses, completely succumbed t

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/24/23  Sep 26 2023, 04:03:16 PM

I wonder why such low capacity for Wicked? They're usually quite a bit more full than that.

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Sep 26 2023, 10:57:23 AM

I'll be seeing this during the DC run and am looking forward to it. Will report back. I know very little about the show besides the synopsis on Arena's website.

Sean Young to make Off-Broadway debut in ODE TO THE WASP WOMAN by Rider McDowell  Sep 19 2023, 01:27:56 PM

JSquared2 said: "Impeach2017 said: "this sounds totally wild, but who will play her son/killer?"

Maybe make this a SPOILER? Most of us know nothing about this story. Thanks a lot.

I mean... it's part of the play's synopsis. It's in the Playbill article.

"The play, which is also directed by McDowell, will star Young as Susan Cabot, one of Roger Corman's muses who was killed by her son in 1986 in a still debated case of matricide. Young will be joined by three additional to-be-announced actors portraying famous Superman George Reeves, Our Gang comedy star Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer, and the troubled actor Barbara Payton."

https://www.playbill.com/article/sean-young-to-star-in-ode-to-the-wasp-woman-off-broadway#:~:text=The%20play%2C%20which%20follows%20the,Opening%20night%20is%20November%209.

JAJA'S AFRICAN HAIR BRAIDING Previews  Sep 15 2023, 01:30:12 PM

Thanks jk! Clearly my instagram skills aren't up to par. What I can see there looks gorgeous - hoping to get some wider shots of the full set at some point.

JAJA'S AFRICAN HAIR BRAIDING Previews  Sep 15 2023, 10:21:37 AM

Any photos of the set? I'm not sure if they're trying to keep it under wraps or anything, especially this early, but internet searches - including instagram - came up empty. I likely won't get to see this show during the brief run and very curious about this set that warranted applause.

Reusing Souvenir Cups  Jul 13 2023, 01:28:12 AM

One of my show cups cracked after a few cycles in the dishwasher.

Tonys Host and Performances  Apr 6 2023, 02:06:06 PM

B212323 said: "Most nominees and likely winners won't want to host plus there's really no way you can rehearse for the Tonys doing shows 8x times a week.

Tell that to Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick.

AEA May Strike National Tours April 13  Apr 4 2023, 09:31:20 AM

Lola Getz2 said: "Is there any chance this will spread to non-touring companies such as other Equity houses or even Broadway? Equity has always been very loyal and supportive of all its members."

There may be words of solidarity and displays of support from non-touring companies and other Equity members, but they won't strike, as this is specifically related to AEA contracts for touring companies. Nothing would be accomplished by anyone else striking.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You