News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheGingerBreadMan

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
Member Name: TheGingerBreadMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

3 female musical theatre songs!
 Jun 30 2024, 09:43:06 AM

Candy Store from Heathers

Changing Keys for Performers is So Cool
 Jun 29 2024, 10:09:45 PM

Your point about switching harmonies in Merrily reminded me that in many audition notices that I've seen for Heathers, it is noted that the 3 Heathers can switch vocal lines as needed to suit the actresses.

From Here musical about Pulse Nightclub massacre
 Jun 29 2024, 10:04:12 PM

Thanks for your insight, Jordan and FloridaBoy. It seems just as gross as I thought it was when I first read about it. I'll be happy to miss this one.

Slave Play. Not a movie. A play.
 Jun 23 2024, 04:19:28 PM

Broadway Flash said: "No way. slave play is muchfunnier than strange loop. There was a certain pg13 quality to strange loop which I hated. And I thought slave play was much more serious and important too. STRANGE LOOP is the one that felt kiddie"

I think Slave Play is very good, but this is a ridiculous thing to say.

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 21 2024, 02:22:12 PM

This is a weird and bad take. If you watch Spring Awakening and don't see how it's even more relevant today than it was when it premiered, you've missed the point of the entire show.

I also don't know any parents who are cool with their 14 year olds running around and having sex.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 18 2024, 12:33:33 AM

Thanks Ermengarde - didn't realize that the score rule hadn't been in place that long. I agree with you, that is insanely dumb.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 11:51:15 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The following shows won Best Book and Best Score but did not win Best Musical:

• The Drowsy Chaperone(Jersey Boys won Musical)
  • Urinetown(Millie won Musical)
  • Parade(Fosse won Musical)
  • Ragtime(Lion King won Musical)
  • Falsettos(Crazy For You won Musical)
  • Into the W
2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:44:12 PM

People are gonna come for me over this, and you're all entitled to feel how you feel, but I just don't see Illinoise as a musical at all and I don't agree with it being nominated for Best Musical. It's a ballet that happens to have live singers. It's an absolutely beautiful show, and their performance has 10000% been the best of the night so far, and I think it's something that everyone should see. But calling it a musical is a huge stretch.

And let the firing s

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:17:57 PM

"You dressed me on Equus" more like undressed LOL

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:14:23 PM

Thrilled for Outsiders. SO deserved on all fronts and I'm looking forward to more wins for them this evening.

Water For Elephants actively made me want to see the show less, and I already wasn't that interested.

Merrily has had the most entertaining performance so far.

I echo the thoughts re: the opening number and Ariana. Yaaawn.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/10/23
 Dec 13 2023, 02:57:02 AM

I didn't realize that Sarah Paulson would be such a draw. I'm happy to see it happen though.

APPROPRIATE Previews
 Nov 30 2023, 02:40:19 PM

I saw a semi-professional production of this play a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to hearing reports from this production.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/26/23
 Nov 29 2023, 04:50:33 PM

I'm curious why Ohio opened now instead of waiting until spring. Seems like that would have been a more lucrative decision.

What Off-Broadway and Off-Off Broadway shows have gone on tour?
 Oct 20 2023, 02:33:08 PM
Potted Potter
What Off-Broadway and Off-Off Broadway shows have gone on tour?
 Oct 20 2023, 11:11:51 AM

Evil Dead

Dixie's Tupperware Party

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/15/23
 Oct 19 2023, 01:51:09 PM

I'd love to be proven wrong if the rumor is true, but I cannot picture Tveit as Sweeney. Not at all.

Favorite theatre related podcasts?
 Oct 18 2023, 02:57:31 PM

They don't record new episodes anymore (and one of the hosts has passed away), but I always enjoyed Three On The Aisle and often go back and listen to their backlog of episodes.

Dramatic Duet Scenes from Straight Plays
 Oct 18 2023, 01:12:54 PM

The Normal Heart - Scene 14. Terrific scene for two men.

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
 Oct 16 2023, 08:03:03 AM

Would anyone who saw Willa Bost as Idella this weekend care to share their thoughts on her performance?

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Opening Night Reviews
 Oct 13 2023, 08:53:05 AM

quizking101 said: "Now extended through February 4th, 2024.

I’m this show’s biggest fan, but even I think this is a bold move and VERY wishful thinking.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/PURLIE-VICTORIOUS-Extends-Broadway-Run-20231013
"

I'm happy for them, but this is a surprising thing to do based on their grosses so far. I hope they don't end up having to backtrack and close earlier than the extension date.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You