pixeltracker

Ethical question - taking one picture with a cell phone/camera at a production.- Page 7

Ethical question - taking one picture with a cell phone/camera at a production.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#150re: Ethical question - taking one picture with a cell phone/camera at a pro
Posted: 7/20/08 at 6:02pm

It's not even just legal reasons for photography and videos not being allowed to be done, it also can be very distracting and dangerous for the performers on stage. Just say that someone has to do some major stunt on stage and because of flashing cameras and camcorder lights, that person gets blinded for a moment. That one moment can cause them to do something correctly or incorrectly and to get injured. I don't think we want to go to shows and see the actors get injured because we needed to take pictures in the theater. At least I don't. I know some people are saying that the flashes can't be seen, but they really can be. And most camera flashes are very obnoxious.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#151re: Ethical question - taking one picture with a cell phone/camera at a pro
Posted: 7/20/08 at 6:08pm

Just because one WANTS to see musicals but happens to not be in a geographically or financially advantageous situation doesn't mean they get to or deserve to approximate the experience through illegal means. Sure, I'd like to spend my weekends in the Auckland Sky Tower, but since I live in California that's kinda the breaks for me. That doesn't mean I'm going to steal money or stowaway on an airplane just so I can go do something I really want to do.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 7/20/08 at 06:08 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#152re: Ethical question - taking one picture with a cell phone/camera at a pro
Posted: 7/20/08 at 6:19pm

Exactly Lizzie. It is called planning. if you want to see a Broadway show and can't just whip out a card or throw down the cash immediately, you plan your trip. I am by no means rich and by planning my trip 3 or 4 months in advance, I am able to save, get tickets to shows and buy a plane ticket. And discount tickets are very much available so I get to see 5 to 8 shows per trip. I luckily have a place to stay in NYC. But if you don't, than you plan for that too! It reminds me of my family saying "It is so expensive to fly to Denver". Well how do they think I get to NYC and Philly to see them? A money tree?!! So that excuse for bootlegging does not fly with me!!

I need a cocktail now. Where's the bar?!!! :)

Just give the world Love.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#153re: Ethical question - taking one picture with a cell phone/camera at a pro
Posted: 7/20/08 at 6:25pm

Exactly right back atcha! If you really care enough about doing something something, you won't whine about it -- you'll just do it. And you'll work enough to accomplish it, unless you're lazy or stupid or have an extortionist at your door.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 7/20/08 at 06:25 PM

Videos