pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 79

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

frowninghour
#1950Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 1:47pm

First picture and it's Anna Kendrick as Cinderella and I'm freaking out a little!

http://ak47news.tumblr.com/post/62254629951

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1951Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 1:50pm

She looks gorgeous! I think she's going to be the acting stand out of the movie, that's my ridiculous early prediction based on a single candid shot that might or might not be in the final movie anyway.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Mrtrobz
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1953Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 2:03pm

Wow! Love Baranski's costume so much, and Tracey Ullman looks every bit like what I'd imagine Jack's mom should look. Can this come out this December, please?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Mrtrobz
#1954Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 2:09pm

I really like The Baker's costume. I was wondering how a medieval baker would be depicted although this does seem to be a celebration outfit. I like the medieval vibe to it all. Love Baranski's costume and Tracey Ullman looks great. Looks as though they are filming the introduction to Jack and his mother too. Cinderella's dress is very nice. I like the petals going through it.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#1955Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 2:09pm

For me, the looks for Pine & Baranski seem too modern.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Mrtrobz
#1956Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 2:18pm

Here is an additional picture of Chris in his wedding attire I assume. :)

http://theaterguru.tumblr.com/post/62255832338/ak47news-first-pic-anna-kendrick-as-cinderella

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1957Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 2:32pm

Cool pics!

The photos of Jack and his Mother look like they're from the Prologue: Into the Woods.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED they're not using a wooden toy cow or a couple of actors in costumes for Milky White. (kidding) Jack looks a bit like he's dressed in a polo sweatshirt. Don't know if this is a final costume or this was taken during a rehearsal and he's just wearing something warm-ish. Tracy Ullman looks great.

All the other photos here look like the sequence I mentioned earlier which is Cinderella's wedding and the procession back to the castle (with the crowd of onlookers) being filmed this weekend. Jack and his mother are in that, too, but they are dressed "fancy" (according to the leaked script) because this takes place after Jack has returned with the loot from the Giant. So everybody is dressed pretty much for the wedding (Happy Ever After) scene. Also, the Baker's Wife is pregnant in this scene.

Again, this is a guess, based on the leaked screenplay.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 9/25/13 at 02:32 PM

Mrtrobz
#1958Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 2:34pm

Here is an addition picture of Anna. Seems like there is a little bit of pink throughout her gown. :)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3589f9b89b824f8fc9d1e58bd3af268f/tumblr_mtp24eMxiO1r1z45bo2_250.png

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#1959Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 3:07pm

I agree that Baranski reads too modern, specifically the 60s pattern on her dress and the hair. I also think the wedding gown is just okay. Really, a fairy tale princess should have a fantastical wedding gown. Not something that looks like an also ran from "Say Yes to the Dress"

Love the looks for everybody else. They seem to be less cartoonish than is usually used on stage, which I think is appropriate for a film.

I'm not sure Milky White is a real cow here. Look at her eye in the leftmost pic in the bottom row. I'm no cow eye expert. But it doesn't look quite real to me.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Wildcard
#1960Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 3:08pm

Milky White looks a bit too healthy

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#1961Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 4:11pm

I thought maybe it was the end of Act I because Cinderella's sister is wearing dark shades.

And that shot of Tracy looks like she's singing "There are bugs on her dugs.
There are flies in her eyes."

....but the world goes 'round

Mrtrobz
#1962Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 4:14pm

I see they have now added the stepsisters and Rapunzel to the main BWW article. Looking good. :)

Updated On: 9/25/13 at 04:14 PM

beautywickedlover
#1963Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 4:27pm

I really like what I am seeing. The costumes are very impressive. I can't wait for the movie to be released.

Updated On: 9/25/13 at 04:27 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1964Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 5:05pm

I really like these costumes, too! And I love Cinderella's wedding dress with all those textured layers. It should light really well and photograph really well with the movie cameras.

Keep in mind (and I'm sure you know this from the show) that this is a "celebration" scene that bridges the end of the first act into the beginning of the second act. So the "townspeople" (including the Baker and his Wife) will all be dressed in their best to observe a "royal wedding." I wish we could see Jack and his Mother (who are supposed to be kind of overdressed for the occasion because of their newfound wealth---her hat should be fairly outrageous). Also, I love that the stepmother and stepsisters are wearing black. Almost like they're in mourning. LOL

Mrtrobz
#1965Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 5:06pm

Black to a wedding! It's great! Into the Woods Movie Cast

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1966Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 5:09pm

I expect nothing less from Colleen Atwood designs. I like that there is a sort of modern flair running through the more exuberant characters. Lucy Punch looks amazing and so does Baranski.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1967Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 5:14pm

People have been asking "where's Meryl Streep?" in response to these photos ...

The Witch is actually in this scene, but she's observing the celebration from a distance. So they may add her in later (via green screen) or shoot her separately, or maybe she'll be there at some point in disguise. I have no idea how they'll handle it.

(No Little Red, Granny, or Wolf, though.)

EDIT: Actually, Jack is standing behind Chris Pine and Anna Kendrick in this shot. So you can see what he's wearing for this scene.

Into the Woods Movie Cast

Updated On: 9/25/13 at 05:14 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#1968Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 5:54pm

I think the costumes all look gorgeous. If they're a bit too modern in line and cut- who cares? It's not a period piece. It suits the text.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 9/25/13 at 05:54 PM

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#1969Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 5:55pm

I actually think the costumes look great! Love what I see of Baranski and Ullman, they'll do their parts utmost justice!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1970Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 6:01pm

I think part of it is that you're seeing Cinderella's Prince and the Stepmother, etc., in modern sunglasses, with cell phones, 35mm cameras, etc. It definitely pulls you out of any era, real or fantasy or a combo of both.

Wildcard
#1971Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 6:05pm

Some of the costumes remind me of Masquerade from the Phantom film… too color coordinated which would look great visually but doesn't convey celebration and joy. I am glad Rapunzel is in pink so she stands out. Everybody else is in sheer fabrics, leather, and lace… very Chicago/Nine.

Mrtrobz
#1972Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 6:31pm

According to Twitter they are filming at the castle tonight so I am guessing it's the ball arrival.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1973Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 6:36pm

Very cool! I'm sure you're right if it's at night.

They probably have Dover Castle rented for a limited time. It's a major tourist attraction, although this would be "off season" for them. I've been there myself and loved it. Much of the castle was built in the 13th century, some of it goes back as far as the 11th century. It really does feel like you're stepping back in time there. And the winding road leading up to it is perfect.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#1974Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/25/13 at 6:36pm

Into the Woods Movie Cast

Absolutely love the costumes

It reminds me of the costumes from Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Updated On: 9/25/13 at 06:36 PM

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!