THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews

persephone88
#200THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
Posted: 5/23/24 at 11:21am

I'

persephone88
#201THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
Posted: 5/23/24 at 11:24am

I'd also like to see a soundtrack for this show. Ali has a terrific voice for this material, and I left the show with "Sensation" playing in my head all day. Even my 20 something DD, who was not a fan of the show, really enjoyed the music more than the original soundtrack or album...

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#202THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
Posted: 5/27/24 at 1:20pm

The company will perform on Good Morning America tomorrow. 

Oh look, a bibu!

MezzA101
#203THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
Posted: 5/29/24 at 9:51am

The Who's Tommy | 2024 Tony Award Nominee - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R77icj8w8Wc

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#204THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
Posted: 6/4/24 at 10:35pm

I wasn’t expecting very much from Tommy, but I had a nice time even though this wasn’t necessarily a great show.

What a treat seeing both Adam and Arielle Jacobs lead Broadway musicals this season. It was my first time seeing Adam in a show and he was very good.

The always-dependable Alison Luff gives some much-needed pathos to the traumatized mother. 

While Bobby Conte and Christina Sajous were weaker spots in the supporting cast, I quite liked Ali Louis Bourzgui in the title role and can’t wait to see where his career leads. He has this brooding, Bowie-type look in his eyes (at least when he doesn’t have his senses) and you don’t want to mess with his Tommy. His younger selves were super adorable. 

Nathan Lucrezio!!!!!! 

Score is the best part of the show. I need that cast album yesterday. 

Frenetic choreography, and a few memorable set / lighting moments. The first futuristic minute of the show with Tommy and his cult followers putting on the helmets in front of him before the overture was a cool touch.

It was only super loud at a few moments IMO — the 5-6 gunshots early on, “Pinball Wizard,” and the final few choruses of “Listening to You” at the end of the show. Tonight’s crowd was on its feet for the final moments.

Started right at 7 today, curtain call began around 9:04. A bit shorter than advertised. 

Oh look, a bibu!

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#205THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
Posted: 6/4/24 at 11:26pm

The holdup on the cast album announcement worries me. I would’ve thought a new recording would be a no-brainer, since there’s only one existing album 

Videos