pixeltracker

West End theatres now employing bouncers- Page 2

West End theatres now employing bouncers

SingingCats Profile Photo
SingingCats
#25re: West End theatres now employing bouncers
Posted: 8/3/09 at 12:47pm

Hmm. I lived in London for 6 months and didn't see any behavior that warranted bouncers... I actually came away from my experiences wishing that more American theaters allowed beverage into their theaters, as well as provided a community sitting lounge or restaurant area before the show.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#26re: West End theatres now employing bouncers
Posted: 8/3/09 at 2:28pm

The Denver Center Theatre Company offers a community area for 2 of their theaters, complete with a large balcony, and a lounge in one of their theaters. The DCPA has a restaurant sitting in the middle of it and Boettcher used to do brunches on Sundays before performances.

Just give the world Love.

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#27re: West End theatres now employing bouncers
Posted: 8/3/09 at 4:51pm

Thank you for your contribution Oz.

Knowing you to have been a frequent theatregoer on both sides of the Atlantic this year, and having no national prejudice either way, you are in the best position to be objective about this matter.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#28re: West End theatres now employing bouncers
Posted: 8/3/09 at 5:04pm

onstage at SA one night there was a couple that couldn't keep their hands off each other and were not trying ot hide it...at all.

OMG, I saw them, too!! They hit each other with sticks and then rose on a swinging platform while singing, right? How rude!!!

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#29re: West End theatres now employing bouncers
Posted: 8/3/09 at 5:46pm

I am really surprised that a guy like that will go to see "a little night of music".

AwesomeDanny
#30re: West End theatres now employing bouncers
Posted: 8/3/09 at 5:57pm

Ever since I read this article yesterday, I can't stop telling people about this guy who peed on the wall beside the stage of a West End theater.

How about ushers give you a breath-alcohol test when they scan your ticket?