pixeltracker

Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?

Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?

DEFYxGRAViTY721 Profile Photo
DEFYxGRAViTY721
#1Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 10:59am

I have a chance to get front row orchestra tickets to 9 to 5 before it closes, and I was wondering about the stage height at the Marquis. I've sat front row at the Gershwin and had a perfect view, but I know people who have sat front row at the Palace and had to crane their necks to see even a little bit of the stage, so I was wondering... will I'll have a good view if I take the tickets?

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
#2re: Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 12:25pm

When I sat in the front row of the Marquis for "Thoroughly Modern Millie," I had a great view of everything! Especially when Gavin Creel and I locked eyes while he was singing "I Turned The Corner." Wish he'd remember me now!

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#2re: Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 12:40pm

You will be looking up a bit, but you should be able to see everything pretty well. I saw Damn Yankees from that spot and saw everything -- and I mean EVERYTHING -- when the ballplayers sang "Heart" in just towels in the locker room.

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#3re: Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:21pm

I sat front row at 9 to 5 and it was great. The only thing you might have trouble seeing is, I believe, during the dream sequence when Mr. Hart is lying on the floor for a second. Just don't be like my father and peek into the orchestra pit before the show starts, at intermission, and after the show. I got a strange look from the conductor after the show.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

danceallnight Profile Photo
danceallnight
#4re: Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:36pm

I sat front row center for 9 to 5 and it was fine. There were a few times I wished I was back a bit further to get a better overall view of the set but I didn't feel I missed anything.

Curious about the conductor, kchenofan. My daughter and I had a lovely conversation with two of the orchestra musicians before the show and with the conductor after the show. The musicians were giving my daughter pointers about how to play for Broadway. The conductor, a woman, (don't remember her name) was very nice and even signed my daughter's playbill.

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#5re: Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:43pm

I'll elaborate by saying that she realized that the strange middle-aged man peering into the pit was with me and proceeded to give me a "what the hell is he doing?" look.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#6re: Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 2:55pm

I sat front row for 9 to 5, and thought it was a great view. You should totally take the tickets. =)

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

Videos