News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for danceallnight

danceallnight Profile Photo
Member Name: danceallnight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Has the entire cast of a show ever ignored you at the stage door.
 Sep 29 2011, 04:29:19 PM
E. Davis, I am surprised to read your report that the cast of Follies ignored the fans after the matinee on 9/25/11. My daughter and I were there and everyone who came out of the stage door was incredibly gracious. Susan Watson came out and chatted and signed in a very relaxed manner. Terri White did the same and told us "Thank you for supporting us." Elaine Paige was incredible. There was someone there that had dropped off a ton of things for her to sign. She went back in and spent about
Betty Buckley at Feinstein's tonight
 Feb 26 2010, 11:20:44 AM
I was there for the early show on the 20th. It was an extraordinary experience. I agree completely that she captivated the audience. Her musicians were quite wonderful in their own right as well. Almost a week later, I can't get her "If You Go Away" out of my head - it was that moving. Also, Elaine Stritch was in the audience that evening. Ms. Buckley introduced her and called Ms. Stritch her "guardian angel". She said that at different points in her life, Elaine Stritch seemed to appear a
In The Heights Tix, 1/17, 2:00pm, ORCH, $85 ea.
 Jan 11 2010, 11:20:57 PM
What would Orch. seats at TKTS go for on Sunday matinee? Just asking.
 Jan 11 2010, 11:06:09 PM
Corrected. Sorry. Thanks for catching that.
 Jan 11 2010, 10:45:15 PM
Plans have changed and I am trying to sell 2 tix to In The Heights for this Sunday's matinee. Row G, Orch.Right. Will sell them below what I paid for them. Asking $170 for the pair. PM me if interested.

re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
 Sep 5 2009, 09:15:25 PM
Just got back from seeing Phantom. I just LOVED John Cudia in this role. He was vulnerable yet powerful and just the right mix of sensual and creepy. If you haven't been to Phantom in a long time, I'd really recommend going to see Cudia.
re: Is there a good view of the stage from the front row at the Marquis?
 Aug 15 2009, 01:36:06 PM
I sat front row center for 9 to 5 and it was fine. There were a few times I wished I was back a bit further to get a better overall view of the set but I didn't feel I missed anything.

Curious about the conductor, kchenofan. My daughter and I had a lovely conversation with two of the orchestra musicians before the show and with the conductor after the show. The musicians were giving my daughter pointers about how to play for Broadway. The conductor, a woman, (don't remember her name

re: Bed? Bed. I Couldn't Go To Bed.
 Jun 12 2009, 02:50:18 PM
I only know when he began to dance with me....
re: Bed? Bed. I Couldn't Go To Bed.
 Jun 12 2009, 02:29:40 PM
Just thought I needed to make an appearance on this lovely thread! You are all my new best friends!
For those interested in the Irena's Vow story
 May 11 2009, 03:47:45 PM
I just watch a moving documentary called Secret Lives: Hidden Children and Their Rescuers During WWII (2003). It was made by a hidden child survivor with interviews of many former hidden children. Some were able to reunite with their former rescue families. As my sister-in-law was a hidden child in Poland from the ages of 2-7, this topic has always interested me. I found it on Netflix, in case any one else is interested.
Liza to appear at Come to the Cabaret
 May 1 2009, 01:09:32 AM
on May 4 @ 7:00 pm. Benefit for The Acting Company. Also, Chita Rivera, Raul Esparza, David Hyde Pierce, Terrence McNally, Debra Monk, Karen Ziemba and Tom Wopat in a Kander and Ebb tribute.

re: Music Choice
 Apr 17 2009, 11:46:47 AM
If anyone else is upset as I am that they have eliminated the show tunes channel from Music Choice, please go to the Music Choice website and tell them. They have merged it with film scores and call it Stage and Screen but there is virtually nothing from the stage except an occasional overture recording. I had really enjoyed listening to this (ex)channel and was introduced to many shows I never would have heard of otherwise. Very sad.
re: Come to the Cabaret TRIBUTE to KANDER & EBB
 Apr 11 2009, 11:40:58 PM
Wow, this sounds great. Count me in. Anyone else planning to go?
re: IRENA'S VOW Reviews
 Apr 1 2009, 08:14:01 AM
I agree with April Saul. Jeannie, I am planning to see the show and feel that your mom's message is still an important and valuable one to spread by any means, including theater. To me, it seemed like Isherwood had some ax to grind. His tone was particularly harsh. Thank you for coming on the board to clarify. It's clear that people's hearts and souls are what brought this show to fruition. I wish you and the entire production much success.
re: Help college student w/ 5 min theatre survey
 Mar 30 2009, 08:53:59 PM
Done! Glad to be of help. Let us know what you discover.
re: Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids (BCEFA) spring sales
 Mar 30 2009, 07:17:47 PM
Is the Guys and Dolls poster out yet? If so, anybody know how much it's selling for? Thanks.
re: Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids (BCEFA) spring sales
 Mar 29 2009, 06:46:18 AM
Yesterday (Sat.), Wicked was selling a bunch of stuff including signed Windowcards for $100. Chicago's signed windowcards are only $40. Billy Elliot and In the Heights signed cards were each $100. Little Mermaid's signed poster was $75. Shrek's signed windowcard was $40. Ave Q did not have signed cards yet but you could have your pix taken with one of those little bear puppets. Hope that helps!

Question re Irena's Vow
 Mar 21 2009, 11:32:37 AM
This play sounds powerful and amazing. Would it be appropriate material for 16 year olds or would it be too disturbing? I'd love to get the opinion of those who have seen it. I am organizing a group to see it and do not know if I need to make it an adult-only event. Thanks.
re: Topol in Fiddler at NJPAC
 Mar 16 2009, 12:15:16 PM
Oops! You are right, nycdncr! I was at the Saturday matinee! Well, I'm sorry that happened to you but, honestly, most of the people around me were saying they thought it was planned because of how someone rushed in to replace you. They felt it looked like part of the show. No matter, the show goes on and I thought all the dancers were wonderful. Does it give you guys alot of anxiety before you do that dance each time? I thought the wedding dance and the earlier one with the Russians were b
re: Topol in Fiddler at NJPAC
 Mar 16 2009, 08:56:53 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the production on Sunday. Great to see Topol in the role and I thought he was more than up to it. I have a question. During the bottle dance, are those bottles attached or not to the dancer's hats? A bottle fell from a dancer's head and another dancer rushed in to replace him for the remaining part of the dance. Was that intended or was that how they handle it when there is a mistake like that? Just curious.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You