pixeltracker

FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code- Page 2

FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#25re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/18/09 at 5:08pm

<< I have a feeling it will be on tdf...$52 is way too expensive for this crap>>

Wat... did you see it Off-Broadway? Its far from "crap"--- I can definitely see where it would not appeal to everyone, but certainly not crap.

singer73192 Profile Photo
singer73192
#26re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/18/09 at 5:20pm

Ed, I'm going to the matinee too! See you there!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#27re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 10:21pm

Testing, I did not see FELA off broadway. I will (unfortunately) be going into the show with a negative attitude because of one man involved in the show: Bill T. Jones.

SPRING AWAKENING was the third worst Broadway musical I have ever seen in my entire life (ROCK OF AGES and PASSING STRANGE are the other two).

The fact that Bill T. Jones (the undeserved Tony winner for SA choreography) has written the book, directed, and choreographed FELA is already putting a bitter taste in my mouth.

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised though...

Yankeefan007
#28re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 10:59pm

Knowing your track record, probably not. And I mean that without any malice, Trace.

WithoutATrace
#29re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:03pm

Thanks, YankeeFan. I'm prepared to hate it and will write a pan on this board if I do. I'll be at the first preview.

Testing1232
#30re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:03pm

<< Testing, I did not see FELA off broadway. I will (unfortunately) be going into the show with a negative attitude because of one man involved in the show: Bill T. Jones.
<<

So, you never saw the show, but called it "crap"? --

Ok, that I really dont get.

My bet is that you hate it--- if you going in with such a negative attitude, the odds of you liking it are very slim.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#31re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:11pm

I'm waiting for it to pop up on TDF. I'm excited for this!

WithoutATrace
#32re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:13pm

I guess we'll find out on October 19th...

and, WickedRocks, I'm waiting for tdf for this one too!

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#33re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:15pm

Hmmm. I am more excited for Memphis.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Testing1232
#34re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:16pm

<< Thanks, YankeeFan. I'm prepared to hate it and will write a pan on this board if I do. I'll be at the first preview.
>>

You sound like you're looking forward to hating it, Wat...

Anyway... its pretty hard to take your review seriously when you called it "crap" when you havent seen it yet, dont you think?

WithoutATrace
#35re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:18pm

As I explained above, I detest Bill T. Jones, and since he is a huge part of FELA, I have low expectations for this piece.

I am more excited for MEMPHIS too, CSonBroadway. Love Cass Morgan and am excited to see Vivian Nixon on the Broadway stage again - she is a wonderful dancer.

Testing1232
#36re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:28pm

Wat, I was referring to your comment below.

<< << I have a feeling it will be on tdf...$52 is way too expensive for this crap>>

I just think its kid of fascinating (in weird way) that you know the show is crap without having seen it.

What are you basing your opinion on? The fact that you dont like Bill T. Jones?

WithoutATrace
#37re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:32pm

Testing, I know absolutely nothing about the show except that Bill T. Jones is the book writer, director and choreographer. This is the only bit of information I am using to form my initial opinion of the show. I thought his choreography in SA was painfully bad...hopefully FELA's will be better.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#38re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:40pm

You can hate who is involved and have as low expectations as you want, but to call the show crap before you have seen it doesn't make sense.

I am not sure how I feel about some of the clips I heard on the website.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 8/22/09 at 11:40 PM

WithoutATrace
#39re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:47pm

The show is brilliant! I can't wait to see it on October 19th. I hope Bill T. Jones wins a second Tony Award for this show! (or three more for Book, Directing and Choreo)

Testing1232
#40re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:48pm

<< Testing, I know absolutely nothing about the show except that Bill T. Jones is the book writer, director and choreographer. This is the only bit of information I am using to form my initial opinion of the show. I thought his choreography in SA was painfully bad...hopefully FELA's will be better.
>>

Yet, you know its crap? Do you have the winning lottery numbers too? (Dont share them, just PM me...)

I hated the choreography in "SA" as well, but you cant compare the two shows (at all!) despite the director.

You initial opinion doesnt really relate to the show at all--- it relates to the director. THAT makes sense, since you are familiar with Jones.

Trashing the show, and not knowing a thing about it, doesnt.

Honestly, and like Yankeefan said, I say this with no malice either--- given your track record, you are not going to like it at all.

Personally, I found it to be enthralling, and I think Sahr would have won the Tony had the show opened on Broadway this past season.

Updated On: 8/22/09 at 11:48 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#41re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 12:41am

How open-minded of you, WAT.

You're clearly going to hate it, so why bother going?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#42re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 12:44am

If you are going to bother seeing the show, WAT, why go to the first preview?

At least give the "crap" a chance to be up and running a week or two before you pan it.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 8/23/09 at 12:44 AM

WithoutATrace
#43re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 1:25am

Like I said, since I have low expectations, it is possible that I will be pleasantly surprised.

Why bother going? I see all Broadway shows, regardless of how interested I am in them.

Why go to the first preview? I go to all first preview on Broadway, if my schedule permits. It is easy to know where WAT will be based on the Broadway preview schedule.

I love Lilias White, so there's one thing about this show in my favor, correct?
Updated On: 8/23/09 at 01:25 AM

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#44re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 1:52am

I don't mean this in a bad way, WAT, but is Spring Awakening your only experience with Bill T. Jones? I know it's his only Broadway credit, but he's probably (in my mind, without a doubt) the foremost modern dance choreographer working today.

I could see not liking his work on Spring Awakening, but specifically aiming to detest a piece you haven't seen yet because you didn't like his one previous Broadway show seems a little preemptive.

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.
Updated On: 8/23/09 at 01:52 AM

Testing1232
#45re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 8:15am

<< Like I said, since I have low expectations, it is possible that I will be pleasantly surprised >>

Doubt it-

The problem that I have is that people are decided whether or not to pluck down the bucks to see the show. So, they read this thread, and see someone that has not seen the show refers to it as "crap"-

I am sure everyone will eagerly await your "pan"-

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#46re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 10:00am

Wat, I think you should save yourself the trouble and stop going to shows with rock scores because you clearly do not like them.

WithoutATrace
#47re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 10:13am

AIDA has a rock score and I couldn't get enough of it...I don't think "rock score" always equals "bad" for me.

Yankeefan007
#48re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 10:16am

AIDA isn't rock, it's pop. Everything Elton John writes is pop.

WithoutATrace
#49re: FELA! Tickets On Sale Today - $52 Discount Code
Posted: 8/23/09 at 10:21am

Hmmmmmm...AIDA is pop? OK.

Besides, ROA, PS and FELA, what shows have had "rock" scores in the past decade?