News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for scott68

scott68 Profile Photo
Member Name: scott68
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spiderman Injury AGAIN.  Aug 16 2013, 12:42:21 AM
TV wasn't hit by a prop backstage, Natalie Mendoza was. Which made for a convenient exit from the show about a week later, before the worst of the bad press hit...
Macbeth Playbill  Jun 2 2013, 05:37:11 PM
Color Playbills for a Broadway house run the production around $2000 a week. Black-and-white is no extra charge, unless the production switches from color to b&w, in which case I believe it's about a $400 one-time fee. For some shows, it just doesn't make sense to bother with color.
Jan's Bag - 2012 Edition  May 1 2012, 04:27:44 PM
I thought I was having the same wet dream, until I woke up and was just lying in a puddle of my own frightened tears.
Who Would Of 'Rock' Thought It  Apr 3 2012, 03:08:38 PM
Why "Rock" is in the thread title (or more accurately, what it's supposed to replace or play off of as a pun) is the real question.
British Guy Pleads Sickness For Jury Duty..Goes To See  Dec 26 2011, 01:30:50 AM
He seems like he survived relatively unharmed, though I do think it's... if not good, at least a tiny bit appropriate that he got somewhat of a prison experience. I'm sorry that he was harassed based on his sexuality, because that should never happen to anyone regardless of the situation.

That said... he played hooky on jury duty to see a show? Chicago, even? He deserves a punishment of some kind, though clearly more lenient than what he got.

Entertainment Weekly's Best Stage Shows of 2011  Dec 26 2011, 01:21:53 AM
I feel biased, but it still blows my mind that The Normal Heart could not be on anyone's top ten. I'm not saying it's number one (I mean, it's not my number one), but it amazes me the things that have been chosen above it.
Naughty Versions Of Show Titles  Dec 3 2011, 08:30:13 PM
Les erables
psy
Cherry Poppins
SCATS

ETA: And may I just say I'm amazed this thread has lasted this long without getting deleted?

Standing on Ceremony  Nov 13 2011, 11:28:28 PM
Has anyone seen this show? I just read Isherwood's review, and it certainly sounds interesting, but I was wondering if anyone else who's actually seen it has any input.
Julie Taymor sues SPIDER-MAN producers  Nov 8 2011, 08:55:46 PM
I find it quite interesting that she names Glen Berger, her former co-writer, as a defendant in the suit, but NOT Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who came on when she left.
BILLY ELLIOT to Close on Broadway January 8, 2012  Oct 3 2011, 04:24:08 PM
Always sad to see an established show go, even if this wasn't my favorite.
Carrie Tickets ON SALE NOW!  Oct 3 2011, 11:06:54 AM
So excited for this! Buying my tickets now.
Great piece on THE MOUNTAINTOP set design in NY Mag  Oct 3 2011, 11:06:19 AM
A detailed look at set designer David Gallo's design and research is in this week's issue. It's pretty thorough - the online version can be seen here:

http://nymag.com/arts/theater/features/mountaintop-2011-10/

ONCE Musical Headed to Broadway in February?  Sep 24 2011, 04:07:05 PM
I'm very excited for this - the movie is one of my favorites of all time. I was satisfied with the end, too. The girl can never quite commit to the guy in the way he can to her - even when she *SPOILER ALERT* tells him she loves him, it's in Czech, and she won't translate for him. In the end, it's not surprising that she can't drop everything and run away with him.
The Mountaintop - first preview  Sep 24 2011, 03:56:39 PM
I was hoping SOMEONE would have seen it by now!

I was at the invited dress, so I won't give a full review, but I'll just say that Ms. Bassett gives a powerhouse performance (and looks a good 20+ years younger than she is), and I'm excited to go back and see the show after some tightening, as I think that's the bulk of what it needs to be ready to open.

The Mountaintop - first preview  Sep 23 2011, 12:11:55 AM
Did anyone go to the first preview tonight, or last night's invited dress? I walked past tonight when the show was letting out and there was a (predictably) HUGE crowd at the stage door.
Good NY Times article on Hall, Diamond and African American plays on B'Way  Sep 18 2011, 01:49:44 AM
"The Mountaintop" is a very strange play. It's hard to visualize it as written, so I'm very interested to see how it looks on stage.
Reeve Carney Extends in SPIDER-MAN on Broadway; To Take Winter Leave for Buckley Biopic  Sep 15 2011, 12:55:05 PM
Glad to hear he's sticking with it! For someone without much theatre experience, he certainly seems dedicated.
Does Charles Isherwood Still Write for the Times?  Sep 12 2011, 07:42:36 PM
May be a glitch - he's certainly still writing for them, as he has at least one story in the upcoming fall preview.
Judy Garland Musical 'END OF THE RAINBOW' Headed To Broadway March 2012  Aug 12 2011, 02:08:25 AM
The Equity call describes it as a play with music, not a musical, though I guess we'll see what it ends up being billed at when it makes its way here. Very, very excited for this one.
How'd You Get Into Theatre?  Aug 12 2011, 02:02:11 AM
I grew up watching movie musicals - my mom force-fed us Singin' In The Rain (still my favorite movie) every chance she could get. The high school I eventually went to was also, conveniently, huge on theatre. I saw then do Brigadoon, Bye Bye Birdie, The Music Man, and several other musicals and plays before I was old enough to know what Broadway really was. We lived within a few hundred miles of New York City, so I was lucky enough to see a few shows early enough to hook me for life.

Onc

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You