pixeltracker

Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?

Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#1Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?
Posted: 11/19/09 at 11:03am

I recently purchased a poster from broadwaynewyork.com and the poster's quality, albeit being 14 years old, had scratches, residue and the backing was completely dirty and stained. When I contacted the vendor, they informed me that the have a no return policy on printed materials. This return policy indicating this is not listed on their website but on the packing slip that I received once I got my order - in other words I didnt know I couldnt return it until after I already bought it and received it.

The vendor admitted that the website was old and they were in the process of updating it and offered to give me 50% of the cost back. The poster was only $20 so I'm out $10 (if he ever credits me) but has anyone had a similar experience? I know some may think $10 is just $10 and I sort of agree but I think it's more about the principle of the thing than the money.
Updated On: 11/19/09 at 11:03 AM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#2re: Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?
Posted: 11/19/09 at 12:11pm

You're right...there is nothing about windowcards/posters listed here. IMO you deserve all of your money back. If you're not made aware of that policy prior to placing the order you have every right to get a full refund. It's not your fault he didn't update the site.

Cancellation & Return Policy

· Once an order has been processed, we’re unable to cancel or make alterations.

· 30 days from the date of purchase for all returns, defective or damaged in shipment products.

· No returns or Exchanges for books, scripts, sheet music, or musical scores.

· No Returns or Exchanges if your purchase was made redeeming a Gift Certificate.

· If you ordered an item and no longer want the item, you may return the item within 30 days of the purchase date. A credit for the item/items ONLY will be applied to the account. Customer will pay ALL shipping and handling charges. Items returned MUST be in re-sellable condition.

· For a replacement item, a new order MUST be placed with our web site.

· No Exchanges for different size or color

· All CD’s or Karaoke products may only be returned for credit when in original unopened packaging.

· If you were sent an item different from what was ordered or you were sent an item damaged in shipment, the replacement will be for identical items only. (Color/size). You may send the item to us via US Postal service. A credit of up to $5.00 will be applied to the account order was placed under. The replacement item will be re-shipped to you.

· If the item sent back for replacement is no longer available, a credit will be applied for the item plus that item’s shipping and handling charges.

Send item along with a copy of the packing slip to:

BroadwayNewYork.com
346 West 44th St.,
New York, NY 10036

· All credits will be applied 30 days from the purchase date of the order.

· If the amount of an item shipped is less than the amount you ordered. In order to meet our high standard of shipping deadlines, 48 hours (business), we will send items only available at time of shipping.

· We DO NOT backorder items. If the quantity of an item you ordered is less than the amount on your packing slip, you have not been charged for that item/items or it’s shipping and handling costs.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

tami3
#2re: Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?
Posted: 11/19/09 at 5:43pm

I had a problem with them last year. I didn't receive my entire order. It was hard to get in touch with them and they never did send me the rest of my order. i have been getting my window cards from www.broadwayauction.com the prices are similar.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#3re: Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?
Posted: 11/19/09 at 9:17pm

yes, definitely BUYER BEWARE from this vendor.

I usually buy my window cards after the show, bought a few through playbillstore.com and was very pleased. The only other place that carries the one I bought is Triton, which I found out after the fact.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?
Posted: 11/21/09 at 8:41am

Dshnookie - yes, $10 isn't much but I would be just as angry as you. Totally understand where you're coming from. I wonder if you can dispute the purchase with your credit card company, because you deserve every penny back, especially if you didn't know about a return policy prior to purchase.

I always thought you are supposed to know the return policy prior to ordering. Why do you think stores always post their return policy? I didn't look at the site, but I am assuming Eris got that from the site, so they must've updated.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#5re: Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?
Posted: 11/22/09 at 5:20am

I received a follow up email from the manager indicating he'd give me 50% of the poster's cost back, or $10. He also changed the price of the poster to $10 on the website and indicated in the product description that the poster is 'slightly damaged'. I figure I wont fight it any more since if I had to return it I would've had to pay return shipping and who knows what that would've cost me.

I went to Triton Gallery today and was able to get one in PRISTINE shape, same price $20. AMAZING AMAZING quality. I highly recommend Triton. All of their window cards are in huge shelves and at first glance you're a little weary but the window cards come out in perfect condition. And if you're being nit-picky, they're happy to show you a different one until you're satisfied.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#6re: Has anyone purchased anything from BROADWAYNEWYORK.COM?
Posted: 11/22/09 at 10:01am

Triton Gallery has always been an excellent shop to do business with.

Videos