pixeltracker

NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!- Page 2

NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#25re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/21/09 at 12:41pm

"Quando Quando Quando" is featured in the background of one of the scenes and its actually a good set up musically for CINEMA ITALIANO which happens right afterwards.

I suppose it could be viewed as a missed opportunity to feature (even as background) a song from the Yeston score that didn't make the cut for the movie, but I'm not sure there is anything from the stage musical that would have been appropriate for the vibe they were going for.

For all its complexities, Yeston's score of NINE actually doesn't sound very 1960s Italian...

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#26re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/21/09 at 12:49pm

True. Cinema Italiano is the only song that captures that vibe which is probably why they chose to add it.

Really hoping they include the recorded but not used songs on a special version.

Also, I'm glad they are including Unusual Way by Griffith Frank, whoever he/she is. I can never have too many versions of that song.

....but the world goes 'round

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#27re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/21/09 at 12:52pm

Googled Griffith Frank:

He's a Ron Fair (Chairman of Geffen) discovery:

Griffith Frank is an artist with a unique voice that reconnects people to their feelings. Born in NYC raised in California, Griffith has studied and perfected the art of music. With a three octave vocal range, he can sing pop, rock, and semi classical material.

Griffith has been nominated for, and won many prestigious vocal competitions and scholarships, including the LA Music Center Spotlight Awards and the National Foundation for the Advancement of the Arts.

Aged at just 17, Griffith struck a record deal with major label Geffen. Ron Fair, Chairman of Geffen records, signed Griffith as a solo recording artist after hearing just one song!

Griffith is currently in the studio working on his first solo material due for release in early 2010
myspace

....but the world goes 'round

Michael Bennett
#28re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/21/09 at 12:52pm

I've never heard of him either but he does sounds really great singing it on that 4 song sampler...

bwayguy22089
#29re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/21/09 at 7:26pm

There are seven actual songs in the movie. I know that many songs were cut, but it's very similar to what was done with Chicago. Same director. It seems like he wants to have one song for each main cast member.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#30re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/21/09 at 7:30pm

There are more than seven songs in the movie, lol.

Only 8 numbers were kept from the stage version though.

Michael Bennett
#31re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/21/09 at 7:37pm

bwayguy - yes, I actually do agree that I think that was part of the reasoning. All the female characters get one song (except for Luisa, the lead who understandably/deservedly deserves two). Even if it hadn't slowed down the tempo of the film, to include another song (SIMPLE) for just Carla would have kind of thrown the balance off.

I don't want to give away the end of Carla's scenes with Guido in the movie - suffice to say that I think its a very compelling choice - and SIMPLE probably wouldn't have really worked with it

xoffender45
#32re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/22/09 at 12:20pm

Do they include the whole Grand Canal sequence in the actual film? Every Girl In Venice is one of my favorite songs from the score.

Michael Bennett
#33re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/22/09 at 12:29pm

No, the musical no longer takes place in a spa so the entire Grand Canal sequence is gone. That segment of the film is much closer to the original 8 1/2.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#34re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/22/09 at 2:03pm

"Do they include the whole Grand Canal sequence in the actual film? Every Girl In Venice is one of my favorite songs from the score."

ROTFLMAO!!!!

P

poeticmelody Profile Photo
poeticmelody
#35re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
Posted: 11/22/09 at 8:50pm

Hmmm...debating if I want the soundtrack...I was very excited until I saw the track listing...now I'm just kind of curious.

Hollywood the Write Way