LEND ME A TENOR rush

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#50LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 6/8/10 at 10:24am

Do you think it would be safe to rush the show (two hours before box office opens) for the closing performance?

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#51LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 6/14/10 at 5:33pm

I went 3 hours before the performance yesterday, and was rudely dismissed when I asked if there were any tickets left. I asked if they usually sold out right when the box office opens and was also told yes, though I'm not sure if that was just to get me to leave.

Seems odd considering it's only selling at 60% and it's a general rush. I guess they have strict limits on the number of rush seats regardless of whether the show is sold out.

Anyone else have recent experiences? I can't get there when the BO opens on the days I can get to the show, so I'm trying to figure out the best option.

ArtMan
#52LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 6/14/10 at 6:23pm

TonyVincent...thats so funny. I went last Thursday around 12:30 and was also rudely dismissed. The employee was a skinny, stringy haired creetin. The impression I got was "how dare I ask for a rush ticket?" There is a professional and courteous way to relay a negative response to a customer...and this guy unfortunately has not been trained by his manager. But it worked out for the better. I was then able to buy a $26.50 standing room ticket for The Adams Family, which I enjoyed.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#53LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 6/14/10 at 8:41pm

My employee was a guy with long hair pulled back. Wouldn't describe him as a skinny cretin though, so maybe we had different people.

Oh, well. Looks like it's on TDF.

dmorgs16
#54LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 7/17/10 at 9:47pm

My family of four and I are planning to rush Lend Me a Tenor tomorrow. About how early should we be there (for the Sunday matinee)? Also, we will all be in line; if there happens to be a block of four rush seats next to each other, would the box office staff be willing to seat us together?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#55LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 7/19/10 at 10:20pm

I've had MULTIPLE incredibly rude Box Office people at the music box. They don't know how to say "No, I'm sorry we are sold out of rush tickets"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#56LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 7/25/10 at 11:19pm

Can anyone offer an update on this? I'm hoping to try and go this week. If anyone has done it recently, what time did you get there, and where were your seats? Thanks.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#57LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 7/25/10 at 11:28pm

I went maybe two or three weeks ago on a Tuesday, perhaps? Got there at 9:30 and was about 5th in line. Got a seat in the last row of the mezzanine, but the mezz was pretty empty so many of us moved down when the lights went down. Then for Act 2 I moved to about the third row mezz right in the center. It is general rush, so more potential rushers, but it shouldn't be hard to get seats.

It sounds like the box office staff can be snarky and they might not sell rush tickets (no matter how poorly sold it is) except when the box office opens. If you show up at 10, you ought to be okay.

rmusic11322
#58LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 7/25/10 at 11:32pm

Are you able to buy tickets to whatever is left, like a few minutes before show time?

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#59LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 7/25/10 at 11:52pm

According to some of the people on here (and I tried once), no. It sounds like they only sell rush tickets in the morning (maybe it's changed). The time I tried they told me all the rush tickets go in the morning.