pixeltracker

DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!- Page 10

DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#225DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 9:18am

I don't know. I just discovered it yesterday, but I haven't been visiting that site for a while, because the deals really haven't been that good.

These are really good deals, though.

I bought Deathtrap on Blu-ray and I also bought the restored "Lady For a Day" on Blu-ray (my favorite Frank Capra film), which is not part of this sale, but has a good price right now.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#226DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 10:31am

DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!

Last night I ordered Dead Ringer with Bette Davis. A good watch especially if you haven't seen it.
$12.99 at Amazon

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#227DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 11:28am

LOVE that movie, morosco. I have it already on DVD, and it's a decent enough transfer, so I didn't double-dip.

They have the other Davis/twins movie on sale right now on DeepDiscount: "A Stolen Life."

Plus they have "The Nanny" with Davis in London as a nanny. Very creepy.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#228DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 7/9/13 at 8:17pm

The Criterion 50% sale is on at Barnes & Noble until July 28th. I was in there today and got Magnificent Obsession, My Own Private Idaho and Rosetta.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#229DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 7/9/13 at 8:45pm

Saw this earlier today! Thanks, Bettyboy!

I have their Magnificent Obsession DVD. Wonderful release (and I love that movie).

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#230DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 7/9/13 at 11:33pm

I live for this sale! I tend to use it for the Eclipse series because they are so expensive.

....but the world goes 'round

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#231DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 7/9/13 at 11:45pm

I love this sale. Thankfully I don't have just a few days to decide (budget constraints). But I am definitely getting the Early Fassbinder and maybe one or two others. Thinking a Melville (got Le Samourai and Army of Shadows and just those two) and The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#232DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/5/13 at 9:08pm

Warner Archives 5 for $50 + free shipping is going on right now!

http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/code/5for50_wacshop.do?ref=EWAC5FOR50SALE

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#233DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/5/13 at 9:16pm

Sweet! I don't even know if there are five left that I "have to own," but I'll check.

Thanks, romantico!

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#234DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 2:13pm

Warner Archives has extended their 5 for $50 sale til midnight this Monday the 16th of September. Damn! They are just "Making Me" buy stuff!!!

http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/code/5for50_wacshop.do?ref=EWAC5FOR50REDUX

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 9/12/13 at 02:13 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#235DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 2:24pm

I'm trying hard to refrain. I'm saving my money and shelf space for the big Black Friday Week (or month or season or whatever they're calling it now).

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#236DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 2:30pm

I'm like you & trying to do the same thing.I wish they'd release more Warner Archives on Blu-Ray. I have Gypsy,Deathtrap, & Hudsucker Proxy. Anyone know if they plan on doing more with the blu rays?

Roscoe
#237DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 2:30pm

I'm waiting for the next Criterion Barnes & Noble sale so I can get SECONDS on Blu-ray.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#238DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 4:18pm

I was tapped out during the last B&N sale so I'm waiting for the second one too.

Romantico, I got an email survey for WB Archives about purchasing BDs. From what I gather the first batch was a big success. So I'm fairly certain they'll be doing more.

Meanwhile I'm probably going to cave and take advantage of this deal.

....but the world goes 'round

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#239DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 6:24pm

I am holding out for the cyber-Monday/November sales to get more Criterions, Seconds among them but mainly because Frances Ha is going to be one of their November releases.

Isn't Criterion moving to Blu/DVD double-pack too?

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#240DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 6:35pm

romantico---how is Gypsy? I've been on the fence, but the price has been really good lately on DeepDiscount. I still haven't bit---but I bought Deathtrap because I didn't own it in any format yet, and I am really pleased with the Blu-ray Disc. It's far from my favorite film, but I loved it when it was released, so for nostalgia purposes and the great performances, I had to have it. No regrets at all.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#241DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 6:40pm

strummergirl---I've been grabbing up a few Merchant-Ivory Criterons lately, because they lost the rights to release them. As of now, nobody owns them (some fuss they had with James Ivory). So they're all going out of print fairly soon.

I grabbed Howards End, one of my very favorite films, on Blu-ray via DeepDiscount at a decent price. The truth is it looks only marginally better than the (stunning) Criterion DVD. But I'm glad I did it, since it's a favorite. And yes, there is a difference in picture and sound, just not as dramatic as some, since the high quality was already there on DVD.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#242DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 6:50pm

I haven't had a chance to watch Gypsy yet but I got mine for about $9.99 along with Deathtrap.I could not pass it up. I could be wrong,but I am guessing Barnes & Nobles next sale will be either around Thanksgiving or Christmas time. Usually twice a year if I am not mistaken. What I really want is for Warner Archives to offer all of their titles to be made to order for Blu Ray.I know I know, but it would be so nice!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/gypsy-bd

Updated On: 9/12/13 at 06:50 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#243DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/12/13 at 9:28pm

$9.99 for Gypsy BD is fantastic! I think I paid $12.99 or 13.99 for Deathtrap, but you got the better deal.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#244DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/17/13 at 4:54pm

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Series for 59.99!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046XG48O/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=tsm_1_fb_lk

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#245DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 9/20/13 at 7:10am

Another great Gold Box deal today, for one day only:

All six Star Trek movies featuring the "original series" cast. $29.99 on Blu-ray or $21.49 on DVD.

I think I payed $36 for them on Blu-ray, so this is the best deal I've seen on them yet.

LINK

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#246DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 10/2/13 at 3:54pm

Just picked up the Blu-rays for Moonstruck, The Graduate, and Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet at Best Buy ... all were $4.99 each!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#247DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 10/21/13 at 4:44pm

Some good deals going on today:

Hitchcock 15-film box set (Blu-ray) - this is a Gold Box deal: $109.99

Gold Box - Hitchcock

Updated On: 10/22/13 at 04:44 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#248DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 10/21/13 at 4:45pm

Tim Burton 7-film Blu-ray set.

$25.99

Updated On: 10/22/13 at 04:45 PM

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#249DVD and Blu-ray Disc bargains!
Posted: 10/21/13 at 7:05pm

$25.99 for all 7 Original Nightmare on Elm Street films.
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection on Blu-Ray