pixeltracker

Wicked Partial View seats question

Wicked Partial View seats question

willep
#1Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 4:36pm

So, my friend is looking to see Wicked, and I have never seen the show or been in the theatre, so I don't know much about sightlines, she's found seats in row CC (2nd row) seats 6-8 and they say partial view, and the other seats she found are DD 10-12, does anyone know how good/bad these seats would be?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 5:28pm

Generally with regards to Wicked partial view, the farther back you are, the less obstructed the view is.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#2Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 5:39pm

I would take adamgreer's advice, especially if this will be your first time seeing Wicked.

Both your seating options, are quite obstructed.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
Updated On: 3/20/10 at 05:39 PM

willep
#3Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 5:56pm

Ok, thanks guys!

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#4Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 6:02pm

I recommend the partial views in Row G and H. If you keep searching, it'll go BB, CC, DD, etc. seats further back will pop up. If you're two people, you'll have to sit one in front of the other, but what's the difference? I've been lucky both times I've gotten those seats when other people offered to switch with us (they were sitting one in front of too) and it worked out great for all of us.

I've sat in a full-view seat in Row C and liked the Row H partial view better. For a show like this, I'd say further back is more ideal.

Luv2goToShows
#5Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 7:07pm

I had C 22 the other day, not bad at all, you see all the main acts, only miss a second or two of a couple of the entrances. The stage is huge and fairly deep and in that seat you do have partial view of the set, so keep that in mind. In my opinion it is a great deal, did not take away from enjoying the performance at all.

DefyGravity777
#6Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 8:17pm

If it's your first time seeing it I would say see it from the mezz. You lose too much from partial view IMO. Even if you are in row G-H you still lose too much. CC is very partial view. I have sat in all partial view seats from row BB-H and if you do decide to sit there try and get further back.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

WishingOnlyWounds2
#7Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 8:39pm

^^^
Mezz is double the price of partial view, unless you're in the far back, in which case it looks like the dragon swallowed Elphaba during Defying Gravity.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 3/20/10 at 8:56pm

I wouldn't sit in the mezz there. It's very far from the stage, even the front mezz.

To get to the good partial view seats (rows G, H, and J) you need to manipulate browser windows and reserve the closer seats first. Its an annoying complication of ticketdisaster.They don't sell them over the phone. The easiest option is to go to the box office, but if you're from out of town, that's not an option.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#10Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 7/11/11 at 12:08pm

adamgreer - For months now I've been able to use Ticketmaster's new program to select seats. I know how it used to be to bring up window after window, but now you get a full seating chart and individually select which seats you want, kind of like Roundabout's online ticketing. The partial view seats appear online for this - you just have to pay a fortune in Ticketmaster fees.

The one issue is that you are not allowed to leave a single ticket - for example, if all that was left in a row were 2 end seats, 1 at full price and 1 at partial view, you cannot buy the partial view seat because it would leave the full price seat on its own. If you check dates pretty far away - I picked a random weeknight in November - you should be fine and able to choose any seats you want.

ALMinNYC
#12Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/24/12 at 12:40pm

Bump - new question.

My aunt wants to come in from PA to see Wicked with a friend but on a budget. I thought of the partial views and looked at her potential dates. They now offer the last 2 seats in some rows, and the seats extend back to row K.

Would you guys suggest row K seats 29 and 31 over, say, row F?
Which side is better - house left or house right?

Thank you!

saisai
#13Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/24/12 at 2:01pm

If you happen to have SPG points, there is a pretty good deal for $65 + 500pts for Orchestra seats in row V. If you don't have SPG points, you can buy 500 pts for $14. This makes the ticket $79.

ALMinNYC
#14Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/24/12 at 2:04pm

I don't know what SPG points are.

saisai
#15Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/24/12 at 2:12pm

Sorry, SPG points are Starwood Points. You accumulate them from staying at a Starwood hotel (Sheraton, Four Points, Westin, W hotels.) They can also be purchased: https://buy.points.com/PointsPartnerFrames/partners/spg/container.html?&product=buy

ALMinNYC
#16Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/24/12 at 2:34pm

Thanks for the suggestion/idea, saisai, but I am more interested in sitting in the partial view seats. Thanks again! Anyone else have any other experience with the partial views?

Quiche2 Profile Photo
Quiche2
#17Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/24/12 at 2:38pm

I personally don't think that there is a bad seat in the Gershwin.

Theatre is my life. No one can take that away from me.

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#18Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/24/12 at 3:10pm

I sat in the partial view seats in row K a few years ago at "Wicked,", and it was fine to me. I know I missed a couple of entrances, or they were just slightly delayed for me, but overall didn't feel like the view was much different from a few seats over that were not partial view. Out of curiosity, I'd hopped over a couple seats before the show started and those people were in their seats so I could see, and was a bit amazed at how much of difference in price the people paid when the view was not much different!

Quiche2 Profile Photo
Quiche2
#19Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/24/12 at 9:00pm

I sat front mezz and loved it. I know it is more expensive than partial view, but I think that it's worth it. You get a full view of everything. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is sitting in the orchestra anywhere from I believe row V back. I could be wrong, but I believe the mezz. overhangs row V back so the defying gravity flight is obstucted. I could be wrong with the row, I thinks it's either V or S.

Theatre is my life. No one can take that away from me.

DefyGravity777
#20Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 8/25/12 at 5:13pm

Would you guys suggest row K seats 29 and 31 over, say, row F?
Which side is better - house left or house right?

Thank you!

If it's their first time seeing it I would say row K is a better option. I prefer sitting on the right side(even numbers) as the stairs on the stage on the left side can be annoying at times.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

theminutepast
#21Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 9/13/15 at 3:49pm

I'm buying discounted seats via Tix4Students and want to take my parents who have never seen Wicked. The seats offered are rear side orch either row T or row V seats 35-39 (39 is on the side aisle). Does the mezz overhang or the extreme side angle obstruct the view? I've heard the Gershwin is a barn so I'm just wondering if the view and sight lines are going to be awful. 

Updated On: 9/13/15 at 03:49 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#22Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 9/13/15 at 4:09pm

theminutepast said: "I'm buying discounted seats via Tix4Students and want to take my parents who have never seen Wicked."

Students can buy a bunch of discounted tickets for their parents?! Have to put that in the plus column for getting a kid...

theminutepast
#23Wicked Partial View seats question
Posted: 9/13/15 at 6:28pm

Looks like all the checks they sent to Oberlin are finally paying off! They get tickets that are only $30 less than normal! Actually they just paid full price for Book of Mormon tickets so any ticket price after that sounds good to them. 

Latest Posts