Rush/Lotto Questions

sunshinein84 Profile Photo
sunshinein84
#1Rush/Lotto Questions
Posted: 5/12/10 at 1:30pm

My friend and I are going to NY over Memorial Day weekend, and we are planning on trying to see a few shows by doing rush/lottos. I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight as to how these shows rush/lottos have been lately. How early do you have to show up for the rush, and how many people have been at the lottos? Also, if you could include details as to where the seats are generally located it would be really helpful. I'm sure there are threads on these somewhere, but the search function seems to hate me, and I thought it would be better to keep them all in one thread instead of cluttering up the board with multiples. I know it will probably be more busy seeing as it's a holiday. Any help/info will be appreciated. Thanks!

American Idiot
Avenue Q
A Behanding In Spokane
Fela!
La Cage Aux Folles
Lend Me A Tenor
A Little Night Music
Mary Poppins
Memphis
Next Fall
Race
Wicked

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#2Rush/Lotto Questions
Posted: 5/13/10 at 1:54am

Hey there!

Sure thing, I'll try to answer some of these for you.

American Idiot - Sign up for lotter 2 hours before the show, and names are drawn 1.5 hours before the show. Seats are in the front row and quite amazing. I was centre. 27 bucks if you win, and if you don't win, they give you a special deal on other seats.
Avenue Q - Not sure about this one sorry!
A Behanding In Spokane - All day rush from 10am, for 26.50. My seat was up in the mid mezz but the ushers very kindly told me to move down to the front mezz, where there were empty seats.
Fela! - 2 hour rush for 27 bucks...seats are best available.
La Cage Aux Folles - All day rush, 36.50, and my seat was in the box with a restricted view, but I've read on this forum that some people were seated in the mezz.
Lend Me A Tenor - All day rush, 26.50, best available.
A Little Night Music - not sure about this one!
Mary Poppins - All day rush for 30 bucks, seats are probably upstairs.
Memphis - All day rush for 26.50, and my seat was front row centre.
Next Fall - 2 hour rush, seats are best available. I was 3rd row, left of centre.
Race - All day rush for 27 bucks, seats are best avail. I was 3rd row, just right of centre.
Wicked - Lotter sign up 2.5 hours before the show, and drawn 2 hours before. Seats are front row.

It seems at this time of year, getting the rush and winning the lottery is easy. I haven't missed a rush or lost a lottery this visit so far!

Good luck!
Tim

I will climb back up that mountain!

actionjaxson91 Profile Photo
actionjaxson91
#2Rush/Lotto Questions
Posted: 5/13/10 at 4:27am

www.broadwayforbrokepeople.com has all the info you'll ever need. it's also updated frequently

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Rush/Lotto Questions
Posted: 5/13/10 at 5:24am

I would expect the holiday weekend to be pretty busy. As the college kids all return home in the next few weeks, rushs and lotteries will all become gradually busier over the next few weeks.

Also: you didn't mention if you were students (with ID) or not. MANY day of discounts require you to be students, but not all.

Playbill does a good job of listing: http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/82428-Broadway-Rush-Lottery-and-Standing-Room-Only-Policies

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jeffmiele
#4Rush/Lotto Questions
Posted: 5/13/10 at 11:54am

Race is two hours prior as of 3 weeks ago

sunshinein84 Profile Photo
sunshinein84
#5Rush/Lotto Questions
Posted: 5/13/10 at 12:31pm

Thank you all for the info! I'll check out those links as well. We are students with IDs, so no worries there. Thanks again!