Patricia Neal dies at age 84

fanof many
#1Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:29pm

I have just learned that famed actress Patricia Neal died early Sunday.
It is just now in the news:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=11354217

Wonderful actress and a wonderful lady!
Rest in Peace

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:45pm

Such a sad day. One of the sweetest women I'd ever met. RIP...

cliffarico
#2Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:47pm

Loved her in The Miracle Worker.

fanof many
#3Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:51pm

Jordan, it is a very sad day for the many fans of Miss Neal.
If you wouldn't mind, will you share your memories of meeting her?
I am from Kentucky, and will never forget the several times I met her- as I said above, she was wonderful. My best friend heard it on the local news and called me as he knows I am such a big fan.
Thanks

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:55pm

I met her for the first time 6 years ago through work and had the privilege of seeing her again quite a few times throughout the years. The last time I saw her was in January and while she was very frail she still looked wonderful and as always it was a pleasure "hanging out" with her for a while. She was truly a wonderful woman.

fanof many
#5Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:59pm

Thank-you Jordan!
And if there are other fans here who met her, will you please make a comment or two?
I will print all this out later and send it to her kids and her cousin in Tennessee.
Thank-you

mshetina Profile Photo
mshetina
#6Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/8/10 at 11:59pm

One of the classiest women who ever lived. Gave one of the greatest performances of the fifties opposite Andy Griffith and Walter Matthau in A Face in the Crowd.
Updated On: 8/9/10 at 11:59 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#7Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/9/10 at 12:03am

I attended the 2006 Tony Awards when they gave her the replacement Tony. I didn't know it was going to happen so it was quite a wonderful surprise to see he onstage. Seeing her and Julie Andrews in one night, in person, made for the best evening I can remember!

I posted this in another thread but a friend of mine was at a show in NYC in 2006 or 2007 and sat next to her. She didn't realize it until Ms. Neal turned and spoke to her. My friend was beside herself and called me here in Denver all excited right after the show. She talked about it for months.

Just give the world Love.

bk
#8Patricia Neal dies at age 84
Posted: 8/9/10 at 1:59am

In my acting days I worked with her - her first job after her recovery from her stroke back in the early 1970s. She was so wonderful - I tell this story in my new book - she was so nervous, and she kept asking me if I'd run the lines for our scene and I thought "Are you joking? Run lines with Patricia Neal? Just as much and as often as she wants."

She was sweet and real and it was an honor and a pleasure to do that job.

Videos