News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mshetina

mshetina Profile Photo
Member Name: mshetina
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bernadette Peters to star in Kennedy Centers Follies
 Aug 25 2010, 01:28:00 PM
"If you want to see Cattrall do icy, check out her performance in The Ghost Writer."

Olivia Williams out-ices. But for someone I never thought of as playing my favorite character in the musical canon, the Cattrall news really intrigues me.

Follies OBC: What was Cut/Changed/Slowed Down/etc.
 Aug 15 2010, 04:00:44 PM
Bumped for AwesomeDanny.
Which Follies Album Should I Get?
 Aug 15 2010, 04:00:07 PM
This old thread will probably answer most of your questions:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1017727#4031573

Gwen Verdon... why was Chicago her last Bdway show?
 Aug 14 2010, 07:00:02 PM
I could be totally wrong, but it was my understanding that she was suffering from arthritis even in the mid 70s. Plus, her voice was always a fragile instrument, even moreso as she aged.
Another thread of my griping about Ryan Murphy
 Aug 12 2010, 12:01:39 PM
Bettyboy, I loathe Wicked, but I'd watch a film version of Abie's Irish Rose if Peter Greenaway directed it.
RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in
 Aug 11 2010, 03:51:05 PM
Jennifer Coolidge's performance in last year's Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans should pretty much put a rest to accusations that she can only play comedy. She's only in a few scenes and is rarely Herzog's main focus in any of them, but she knocks her role as a pitiful drunk right out of the park. It's the kind of performance that would have been a sure Oscar contender had the film received better distribution. The movie itself is an exercise in pretension.
Patricia Neal dies at age 84
 Aug 8 2010, 11:59:48 PM
One of the classiest women who ever lived. Gave one of the greatest performances of the fifties opposite Andy Griffith and Walter Matthau in A Face in the Crowd.

Kim Stanley
 Aug 5 2010, 12:44:13 AM
Thanks for the recommendations. The Dragon Country DVD intrigues me because I thought she had entirely given up stage acting by that point. And The Goddess is hard to find and it always shows up on TV when I'm either away at school or at five in the morning.
Kim Stanley
 Aug 4 2010, 03:11:22 AM
I just rewatched Seance on a Wet Afternoon, the brilliant psychological thriller by Brian Forbes - a true master of that genre - and I was struck again by the understated brilliance of Richard Attenborough and particularly, Kim Stanley's incredibly taut performance. I've been fascinated by her ever since first seeing the film in high school, but outside of Seance, Frances and the fleeting glimpses of her Bus Stop performance in the Rick McKay documentary, it's difficult for those of us who came
Wildhorn's Wonderland is Coming to Bway!
 Aug 3 2010, 03:31:10 PM
@romgitsean: If Carroll's corpse didn't start spinning after Tim Burton's abortion of a movie, I doubt something as inconsequential as a Wildhorn musical will disturb it.
Your first cast recording was...
 Jul 25 2010, 02:58:39 AM
After being introduced to Sondheim via YouTube when I was about fifteen, a teacher of mine let me borrow his A Little Night Music and Sunday in the Park with George OBCs. The next week, I bought my first two: the Company and Follies OBCs.
'Alice Ripley Goodbye Video'
 Jul 15 2010, 08:40:03 PM
Alice Ripley is DEAD!?!?! No!
Masterwrorks Broadway announces its 3 new titles
 Jul 10 2010, 02:14:55 AM
I've been curious about Regina since I got into Blitzstein. Wish there was a good recording of Reuben, Reuben, but I'm thrilled to hear that Regina is finally available. Gives me an excuse to buy Juno as well.
When It Ends: Remembering Eartha Kitt
 Jul 8 2010, 01:26:49 AM
I had just posted this in another thread when I saw this one:

"I want you to play a young grapefruit."
"Yes maestro... Tell me one thing"
"Yes."
"Am I seedless?" - Mehitabel (Eartha Kitt) in Shinbone Alley.

My favorite Eartha Kitt moment. I've never heard the bootleg recording of this show, but I can just imagine Kitt's delivery.

Favortie line from any Broadway Show
 Jul 8 2010, 01:23:51 AM
I'd better restrict myself to musicals or this list would be ridiculously big:

"Dearest Miss Armfeldt, do regale us with more reminiscences from your remote youth." - Charlotte in A Little Night Music.

"I want you to play a young grapefruit."
"Yes maestro... Tell me one thing"
"Yes."
"Am I seedless?" - Mehitabel (Eartha Kitt) in Shinbone Alley.

"Forgive me for livin', but I never read it." - Mrs. Paroo in The Music Man.

"Son of a bitch! YOU STOLE

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/4
 Jul 6 2010, 03:40:06 PM
Good news for Next Fall! Oh wait...
1776 on now!
 Jul 5 2010, 04:16:52 PM
To my knowledge, the soundtrack never was updated from the original LP release.
1776 on now!
 Jul 4 2010, 03:58:35 PM
My only July 4 ritual. Hardly great cinema, but a joy to watch.
Donaldson Awards and Other Tony Precursors
 Jun 27 2010, 10:17:51 AM
The New York Drama Critics' Circle and Drama League Awards date back to 1935.
Donaldson Awards and Other Tony Precursors
 Jun 27 2010, 07:05:01 AM
Thanks, frontrowcentre.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You