pixeltracker

Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM- Page 2

Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#25Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM
Posted: 12/15/10 at 2:47am

I hope the hour long interview with Debbie is included on the DVD!!!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#26Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM
Posted: 3/24/11 at 6:27pm

I'm a pretty big Carrie fan, but I wasn't all that impressed with the show. There were a few funny lines, but I didn't feel like it really added up to much. Carrie is witty, everyone knows that, but I don't think anything she said during the performance felt emotionally honest.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#27Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM
Posted: 3/24/11 at 6:38pm

Was this the same set used on Broadway? I watched it last month and wasn't crazy about it. Something was off. It felt as if we were missing things and i assume we were as I suspect we didn't get the entire show.

Just give the world Love.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#28Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM
Posted: 3/24/11 at 6:42pm

According to my audio of the show, there is about 30-40 minutes that wasn't shown in the taping.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#29Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM
Posted: 3/24/11 at 6:57pm

I read the book and there were things missing in the telecast thatI was sure would make the show from the book.

Just give the world Love.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#30Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:03pm

I definitely felt the same way, MrMidwest. Her delivery was all kinds of inauthentic.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#31Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM
Posted: 3/25/11 at 1:02pm

Her delivery was all kinds of inauthentic.

Apparently you've never been exposed to Carrie Fisher before -- that IS how she is. She always speaks in that dry, flat, depracating delivery. Always. That's the Carrie Fisher charm and why people LOVE her, including myself.

Just listen to her audio commentary on the DVDs of POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE and original STAR WARS trilogy. She sounds like she wishes she were somewhere else when in all actuality, she's enjoying herself immensely.

Love me some Carrie Fisher. Anytime. Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#32Carrie Fisher's 'Wishful Drinking' debuts on HBO Dec. 12, 9PM
Posted: 3/25/11 at 1:54pm

I felt the show was much better live

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Videos