pixeltracker

GYPSY OF THE YEAR seating allocation

GYPSY OF THE YEAR seating allocation

binau Profile Photo
binau
#1GYPSY OF THE YEAR seating allocation
Posted: 12/1/10 at 2:16pm

Is there a trick to get better seats (i.e. arriving to the theatre earlier), or are they already allocated? (I'm aware they are purchased by section, but e.g. rear orchestra vs front mezz - there is a bit of a difference.

thanks!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

detroitrockcity
#2GYPSY OF THE YEAR seating allocation
Posted: 12/2/10 at 10:46pm

..Speaking of this, I think I'm going this year and I've never been, anything I should know beforehand?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2GYPSY OF THE YEAR seating allocation
Posted: 12/3/10 at 9:00am

You're tickets are regular seat assignments.

Nothing to know beforehand except this: if you are an autograph hound, ask for autographs OUTSIDE of the theater, NOT in the lobby after the show.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

binau Profile Photo
binau
#3GYPSY OF THE YEAR seating allocation
Posted: 12/3/10 at 2:37pm

I prefer to follow them home and then ask them (totally kidding). But thanks for the info :P.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

LoveAndLight Profile Photo
LoveAndLight
#4GYPSY OF THE YEAR seating allocation
Posted: 12/3/10 at 5:04pm

Does anybody recall how long the show was previous years? I went last year but I can't remember.

detroitrockcity
#5GYPSY OF THE YEAR seating allocation
Posted: 12/3/10 at 6:16pm

Is it dressier than other Broadway shows?

Videos