pixeltracker

Great Performances and Recorded Plays

Great Performances and Recorded Plays

CityBoy89 Profile Photo
CityBoy89
#1Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 7:48pm

So, I am a huge fan of Great Performances (especially the Broadway shows!). Is there anything new scheduled to come on soon? I was also wondering if any other plays would be appearing on T.V soon. Updated On: 12/4/10 at 07:48 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 7:58pm

Nope.

If any of them were to appear on TV, I could see THE PEE-WEE HERMAN SHOW recording for HBO. But that's it.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CityBoy89 Profile Photo
CityBoy89
#2Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 8:07pm

I could see The Pee- Wee Herman Show recording. I just saw on Broadwayworld TV that "Wishful Drinking" will be on HBO soon! I can't wait for that!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#3Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 8:29pm

next to normal would be great to be on great performances...

CityBoy89 Profile Photo
CityBoy89
#4Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 8:30pm

Great Performances would be DUMB not to record Next to Normal!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 8:34pm

Agreed to the highest degree. NEXT TO NORMAL won the PULITZER. If any should show be recorded, it is this one.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CityBoy89 Profile Photo
CityBoy89
#6Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 9:20pm

I hope they do record it. My cousin told me that they might record Women on the Verge... because it is Lincoln Center? Is this true? I know it got bad reviews but I am still interested!

jdtp12
#7Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 9:34pm

I totally agree about Next to Normal, that would be great to have recorded. The only problem may be the profanity, but that's obviously nothing a little censoring can't handle.

westycenterstagejack Profile Photo
westycenterstagejack
#8Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 9:45pm

I second or third or fourth the Next to Normal suggestion. I'm still super depressed its closing.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 10:39pm

You'll have your Next To Normal movie soon enough.

CityBoy89 Profile Photo
CityBoy89
#10Great Performances and Recorded Plays
Posted: 12/4/10 at 10:42pm

I just read the thread about the possible movie! Very interesting!

Videos