pixeltracker

Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation

Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation

tiger_lily007
#1Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation
Posted: 12/9/10 at 11:31am

Hi everyone,

Here is a transcript of Sondheim in Conversation with Canadian theatre critic Robert Cushman from an event at the Princess of Wales Theatre in Toronto, Ontario last Monday night.

http://www.twisitheatreblog.com/2010/12/children-will-listen.html

Sondheim talks about his work, his life in the theatre and his new book with Cushman and takes questions from the audience.

Cheers!
Amanda
The Way I See It Theatre Blog

Brick
#2Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation
Posted: 12/9/10 at 1:08pm

Thank you for sharing this.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation
Posted: 12/9/10 at 1:14pm

Thanks. There is always a question or two that hasn't seemed to have been asked before. It would be interesting to read an entirely fresh interview. Between his many conversations, finishing the hat and Sondheim on Sondheim I wonder how many stories are left to tell.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation
Posted: 12/9/10 at 2:04pm

Thank you for posting this tiger, I enjoyed reading it.

Just give the world Love.

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#4Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation
Posted: 12/9/10 at 8:49pm

Thanks so much for sharing this! I learn something new from every interview and event.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#5Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation
Posted: 12/9/10 at 9:01pm

If you’re really listening to the opening song in Company... what is that note that Elaine (Stritch) is singing? But it doesn’t matter, and the album is terrific.

LMAO!! I love that note!!

Timmerbo Profile Photo
Timmerbo
#6Transcript of Sondheim in Conversation
Posted: 12/10/10 at 3:50am

This is a pretty darn good transcription. The only thing I can recall that I don't see here is Sondheim's comments on Stephen Schwartz's opera.

Videos