Avery Fisher Concert Hall

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#1Avery Fisher Concert Hall
Posted: 12/30/10 at 10:21pm

Hi all,
Just ordered tickets to see Company with NPH in April (can't wait!) and just wanted to know if and where the stage door is? I know Lincoln Center is still under a lot of construction, but any help would be great! If my memory serves me correct, I heard, though I never did stage door South Pacific, that the stage door was in a very obscure place for the Beaumont.
I've never been to Avery Fisher and am looking forward to the experience!
Thanks for your help!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2Avery Fisher Concert Hall
Posted: 12/30/10 at 10:26pm

It's on the 65th Street side, between Broadway and the steps that go up into the Plaza from the side (where that new restaurant and the grassy hill thing are). It's totally out in the open and clearly marked, you shouldn't have a problem finding it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 12/30/10 at 10:26 PM

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#2Avery Fisher Concert Hall
Posted: 12/30/10 at 10:39pm

Thanks a lot!

Luv2goToShows
#3Avery Fisher Concert Hall seating question
Posted: 12/31/10 at 1:28pm

Does anyone know if front row is too close, it is hard to tell by photos how high the stage is?

Also how bad are the sides seats, 2nd and 3rd tier?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4Avery Fisher Concert Hall seating question
Posted: 12/31/10 at 3:12pm

I've sat in the front row, on the side. It's a little close for the comfort of some, naturally, but I didn't find the stage too high at all and I'm pretty short.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 12/31/10 at 03:12 PM

Luv2goToShows
#5Avery Fisher Concert Hall seating question
Posted: 12/31/10 at 10:51pm

Thank you luvtheEmcee, just purchased, front row mid side section. I do not mind being close as long as I do not have to crane my neck all night. The other choices were what seemed like quite a distance back or spending a fortune on premium seats.

lsinger2
#6Avery Fisher Concert Hall seating question
Posted: 1/1/11 at 12:26pm

I called before I got my tix- the closer the better for something like this. Normally, they like the center mid/back orchestra for a better sound. When is the rest of the cast list up?

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#7Avery Fisher Concert Hall Dress Code?
Posted: 1/4/11 at 12:42pm

This isn't a seating question but I was wondering what the dress code was? I am seeing Idina Menzel on February 6th and I was planning on wearing dress pants and a nice blouse. Would that be ok? or is the dress code more classy? Thanks for any advice you can send my way! :)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#8Avery Fisher Concert Hall Dress Code?
Posted: 1/4/11 at 12:49pm

When I go to concerts and shows I typically dress as if I'm going to work. My work is business casual - slacks, blouses, etc. My rule of thumb is "Would I be embarrassed if I ran into the president of my company in this?" (that actually happened to me once lol). You can take a nice blouse and slacks and "dress" it up with cute shoes or jewelry.

What you have in mind is fine IMO

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#9Avery Fisher Concert Hall Dress Code?
Posted: 1/4/11 at 1:18pm

Thanks Eris!

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#10*Amy Fisher Concert Hall
Posted: 1/4/11 at 2:07pm

Fixed that for ya WINK WINK

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#11Avery Fisher Concert Hall
Posted: 1/4/11 at 2:14pm

I didn't realize it was 1992

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".