News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PlayhouseBeauty

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
Member Name: PlayhouseBeauty
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Reprinting tickets at the theater?  Aug 2 2011, 03:54:24 PM
I had the same problem when I went to see Rent at the Nederlander. I was seeing a few shows that weekend and thought I had printed out all my tickets from ticketmaster but I accidently printed out 2 sets of tickets for a different show. When I realized this I quickly ran to the box office, feeling the tears start to well up in my eyes, and then spewing the whole story out to the box office attendant in less than 10 seconds. The Box Office attendant was so sweet and first calmed me down and said
HAIR is Coming Back to Broadway; Tour to Play St. James July 5 - September 10  Apr 13 2011, 11:00:20 AM
What a great surprise! I know this maybe early to ask but does anyone know when tickets might be going on sale?
CMIYC Mailer  Feb 16 2011, 09:46:40 PM
I got the mailer as well but my cd had a huge scratch on it. The only song I could listen to was the last one. Fly, Fly Away. It was an amazing song.
re: Dressing up to go to the theatre?  Jan 4 2011, 11:03:12 PM
For me personally I would never wear jeans and a tshirt to the theater. I grew up going to musicals at Paper Mill Playhouse and as a child my mom always picked a dress for me and then as I got older and I could pick my own clothes I was always told never to wear jeans. So I usually wear nice dress pants with a blouse, jewelry, and a sensible heel. I think Dressy Casual should be the dress code for theaters. When I see someone in a hoodie, jeans, and uggs I find then very under dressed. But again
Avery Fisher Concert Hall Dress Code?  Jan 4 2011, 01:18:22 PM
Thanks Eris!
Avery Fisher Concert Hall Dress Code?  Jan 4 2011, 12:42:56 PM
This isn't a seating question but I was wondering what the dress code was? I am seeing Idina Menzel on February 6th and I was planning on wearing dress pants and a nice blouse. Would that be ok? or is the dress code more classy? Thanks for any advice you can send my way! :)
Paper Mill Playhouse Question  Dec 7 2010, 09:53:03 PM
Directions to Paper Mill Playhouse:

-Once you get off the train you will be facing the parking lot.
-Go to your left and walk all the way down the parking lot.

-Once you get to end make a left towards essex.

-Once on Essex your walk down to the 2nd light which will be Millburn Avenue.

-Make a right onto Millburn Avenue.

-On your walk down Millburn Avenue you should see a bike shop and a soccer feild. Just keep headin

Les Mis at the Papermill aka - the new tour  Nov 22 2010, 12:29:28 PM
I haven't personally gone yet but here is an article about the musical from The Star-Ledger

ITH Rumor is............  Nov 9 2010, 09:32:08 PM
Does anyone know if the last show on 1/9 is at 2pm or 7:30pm?
Hairspray at Papermill Review  Sep 24 2010, 10:23:57 AM
I also attended Hairspray at Paper Mill. I was at the evening performance last night and thought I would offer my review of the show.....

Overall I thought the show was great. It looked and sounded exactly like the NY Production. The ensemble cast was great. They really worked hard and it shows!

There weren't any major sound problems except during Welcome to the 60s there was a mic problem but other then that the sound was great.

As for the main principles in the show

Opinions on shows being 'innapropriate' for kids  Sep 10 2010, 12:04:42 PM
This question may be a little off topic but I was wondering for the people who have seen American Idiot would you say it is appropriate for a 12 year old. My brother has been asking for months to see it but I have been hesitant to take him because I was not sure if it was appropriate for him. He has recently seen In The Heights and liked it. So what are your opinions?
In the Heights 8/15/10 Review  Aug 19 2010, 10:36:20 PM
Yes his wife has red hair....She was the one who gave Chris the flowers. Thank you for the review! I saw the matinee and Chris definately gave it his all on the last day! :)
The Official Best Musical Tony Award Winner 'In The Heights' Love Thread  Aug 16 2010, 11:43:27 PM
Thanks Shrekster....I look forward to your review of the show!
The Official Best Musical Tony Award Winner 'In The Heights' Love Thread  Aug 15 2010, 11:53:03 PM
Thanks Anakela! I think that may have been what is was because I remember hearing something about a cell phone but thats it.
The Official Best Musical Tony Award Winner 'In The Heights' Love Thread  Aug 15 2010, 10:31:09 PM
Hey Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone went to Chris Jackson's last show tonight?

I was there for the matinee today and it was a great show! Chris was his usual energetic self and sung his tracks with so much effort and soul. I got chills everytime he opened his mouth! :)

Also if anyone else was at the matinee today could you please tell me what all the yelling was about in the Mezz and then the clapping? I couldn't understand nor see what was going on.

Tony Awards...outfit help...sorry if this is a lame topic  Jun 13 2010, 02:43:26 PM
Thanks for mentioning that! I didn't think the poster was referring to the webcast on tonyawards.com thats why I left it out. Thanks or the additional info! :)
Tony Awards...outfit help...sorry if this is a lame topic  Jun 13 2010, 10:16:56 AM
@wickedpoppinsfan - The live broadcast starts at 8pm on CBS, but starting at 7pm there is an hour of awards that are given out but Karen Olivo and Greg Jabara that is not broadcasted as is. They cut clips together and show it during the live broadcast.(The name of this part of the Tony Awards is escaping me...sorry) So everyone needs to be in their seats by 7pm. Red Carpet starts at 6pm, which we dont see other then little clips at the beginning I believe. I hope that answered your question! :)
Tony Awards...outfit help...sorry if this is a lame topic  Jun 10 2010, 01:16:42 AM
Your welcome! Have a great time!
Tony Awards...outfit help...sorry if this is a lame topic  Jun 10 2010, 12:42:00 AM
I have gone the past two years and have worn a cocktail dress both times.

However I do not suggest you wear khaki shorts and a hawaiian shirt like the couple sitting across from me did. lol!

Honestly, just dress nice and have a great time! :)

Next To Normal 5/23/10 Evening  May 24 2010, 11:10:19 AM
I also saw Next To Normal last night. It was my third time seeing the show. Personally I thought the show as a whole was great. Everyone performed wonderfully as a cast.

In my opinion I thought Brian's interpretation of Dan was fantastic. I preferred his Dan over Bobby's. Don't get me wrong I thought Bobby was great both times I saw him but Brian was fantastic as I stated earlier. I thought the chemistry he had with Alice was wonderful. Like someone stated in an earlier post you can re

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You