pixeltracker

Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...- Page 3

Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...

bwayfan7000
#50Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/21/11 at 7:41pm

I meant originated the role on Broadway, sorry. I'm aware of the Atlanta, Pasadena and London productions.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#51Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/26/11 at 3:18pm

Something is obviously holding up a cast announcement. And it's likely with the casting of Mother Superior.

beautywickedlover
#52Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/26/11 at 3:31pm

Is Sheila Hancock too busy to reprise the role of the Mother Superior on Broadway?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#53Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/26/11 at 3:38pm

That would mean dealing a trade off with Equity and I don't think she's essential that they go through the trouble.

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#54Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:03pm

'Something is obviously holding up a cast announcement. And it's likely with the casting of Mother Superior. '

I may be wrong but in the last audition notice, didn't it say the Mother Superior was cast but they were looking for Mary Lazarus?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

Noel&Cole
#55Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:07pm

I would be so happy to see Angela Lansbury as mother superior. I know it's a fantasy but it's a great one, lol

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#56Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:25pm

I may be wrong but in the last audition notice, didn't it say the Mother Superior was cast but they were looking for Mary Lazarus?

Last I've heard: Lazarus is finally cast, but there's trouble securing a Mother Superior.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#57Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:51pm

Maybe they're trying to convince Dame Maggie Smith that she really ought to return to Broadway.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

bwayfan7000
#58Sister Act casting...and Mother Superior is...
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:57pm

What happened to Victoria Clark?

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim