pixeltracker

Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance- Page 3

Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#50Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance
Posted: 2/2/11 at 10:31am

"This past May NJ Transit dropped their "off peak discount" and now a round trip ticket from where I live to NYC is $30. While that might seem cheap to some people it can add up for someone who goes fairly often. In response to this I cut back on my trips to the city. Sure, I still go but not as often as I used to."

You and me both...

I will sadly admit I had misgivings about going because at first I thought there was some catch involved. A Facebook promo for a FREE Broadway show ticket?? YEAH right. Now I regret not going. But I am in full agreement with your feelings about travel. How I long for the days back in the 80's when a round trip ticket to NYC was $12 for me. Now it's half as expensive to just get into the city as it is to buy a ticket.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#51Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance
Posted: 2/2/11 at 12:16pm

Are you serious? I thought Leigh was FANTASTIC! She was so exciting as Velma, IMO.

While Zimmerman is certainly stunning to look at, I thought her Velma was rather bland, as well.

Rentaholic Profile Photo
Rentaholic
#52Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance
Posted: 2/2/11 at 4:53pm

So glad I'm not alone on this one, Kev. Her legs were the most interesting part of her performance.

rmusic11322
#53Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance
Posted: 2/2/11 at 7:42pm

From Seth Rudetsky's article about Chicago Fan Day:

And now, I'm back in NYC. The Weisslers came up with an idea that if a fan of Chicago got ten of their friends to "like" the fan page, they that fan would get a free ticket to the show. Well, the Jan. 30 matinee was the performance, and Julie James and I hosted the pre-show event. I got there a little late because the Number 1 train refused to come. And I have proof I'm not lying because I was waiting for the train with Walter Bobbie ,who's the director of Chicago! Finally, my ol' "the-trains-were-slow-today" excuse can be backed up by a Tony Award winner. Anyhoo, it was so much fun and the audience was so psyched to be there. We had lots of giveaways and decided to give one prize by having a Chicago trivia contest. I got two Super Fans who were both extremely excited, and told them they each had to say the name of an actress who's played Velma Kelly and whoever can't think of one is the loser. Well, even though they were both obviously knowledgable about the show, it ended pretty quickly.

ME: Start naming Velma Kellys.
FAN 1: Chita Rivera.
FAN 2: Bebe Neuwirth.
FAN 1: Ashlee Simpson.
(Gasp from the audience.)

I informed him that he lost because Ashlee played Roxie, not Velma. I followed that statement by seriously intoning "And we never speak of it." He was a great sport and said that he
panicked because he was so excited.

--------------------

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/147184-ONSTAGE-BACKSTAGE-Andrea-Martin-Stephanie-J-Block-and-Friending-Chicago-Fans/pg2

RentBoy86
#54Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance
Posted: 2/2/11 at 8:11pm

Ugh, is that what the inside of the Ambassador looks like? It's so bland and white, and small. (That's what she said...)

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#55Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance
Posted: 2/3/11 at 6:21am

@rmusic11322

I never face-palmed harder when my friend Mike flubbed on the Ashlee Simpson...That was painful.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#56Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance
Posted: 2/3/11 at 12:22pm

^ No offense, but yeah that was painful. I could probably name most of the Velmas from 1996 until now.
Updated On: 2/3/11 at 12:22 PM