Feb. 27th American Idiot

IheartJ-TAGS Profile Photo
IheartJ-TAGS
#1Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/27/11 at 12:25am

Couldn't find anything about this in the search. Who is all planning on going to the lotto for JG JR, BJA, and Esper's last show? It's probably gonna be a mad house.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/27/11 at 9:03am

Join tumblr. There are MANY different people obsessed with American idiot. Their entire life on tumblr revolves around that show. They also post audio clips from almost every show.

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#2Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/27/11 at 9:45am

Yeah. I'll be staying far away.

jds2001
#3Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/27/11 at 2:10pm

Figured that I would try the lotto, but then again, I figured that I'd not win - as I NEVER do in this lotto. So I bought a single full price ticket for tonight, which I'm amazed I could still get a good seat (Orch Row M, seat 111).

Should be an AMAZING show.

jds2001
#4Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/27/11 at 6:39pm

I purposely picked up my will call ticket towards the end of the lottery so I could see how insane it was. I'd say there were 300-400 people there. Looked like a complete madhouse.

Whatshisname Profile Photo
Whatshisname
#5Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/27/11 at 6:52pm

Saw the show Wednesday nite. packed house. Lady Gaga was there, Billie did 2 songs at the encore, Basket Case amd TOYL. It was OFF THE HOOK!

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#6Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/27/11 at 10:22pm

There was stage diving. Thats all you really need to know.
Updated On: 2/28/11 at 10:22 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#8Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/27/11 at 11:09pm

so how soon before Billie Joe returns??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#9Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/28/11 at 12:26am

Okay, I'll bite. Who wants to give details?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#10Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/28/11 at 2:21am

Damn, people work fast.

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/american+idiot

Yes, I know how to directly link. And I'm purposely NOT. Feb. 27th American Idiot

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

wendilin622 Profile Photo
wendilin622
#11Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/28/11 at 5:52am

These people know that Michael Esper, JGJ and BJA aren't dying right...theyre just leaving the show to work on new shows... I swear, some of the things I read on twitter were just short of a eulogy.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#12Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/28/11 at 9:12am

Um...these people do realize that the original cast is not the be all and end all of any show, right.

Some of the comments made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my morning coffee. Things like "I can't see the show ever again without Gallagaher or armstrong." Or the fact that they were so upset that they were balling their eyes out. Things of that nature made me sick.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

rorschach37
#13Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/28/11 at 9:51am

This was my first Broadway show, so yes it is hard to see two of the three leading men go, but from the stuff I've been reading, these fans are OBSESSED. I just saw Billie in the show last week and he was good, but I was actually missing Tony Vincent all throughout the performance. It just didn't feel right to be in an audience that was mostly made up his fans rather than theatre fans. I'm actually excited to see Van and Justin take over for John and Michael.

Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#14Feb. 27th American Idiot
Posted: 2/28/11 at 10:03am

Some of the comments made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my morning coffee

Likewise. Thanks Lizzie. While they're bawling their eyes out, Esper and Gallagher are thrilled as fck to be getting out of that thing before it really crashes and burns.

Videos