pixeltracker

Who is playing Dyanne in "Million Dollar Quartet" now?

Who is playing Dyanne in "Million Dollar Quartet" now?

beautywickedlover
#1Who is playing Dyanne in "Million Dollar Quartet" now?
Posted: 3/21/11 at 3:49pm

Elizabeth Stanley who was playing Dyanne in Million Dollar Quartet is doing an Off-Broadway show right now.However, the official website says that she is still playing Dyanne and there was no announcement of her replacement. http://www.milliondollarquartetlive.com/broadway-cast.html

Are the two understudies Victoria Matlock and Nicolette Hart sharing the role right now?

Updated On: 3/21/11 at 03:49 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanley is doing an Off-Broadway show?
Posted: 3/21/11 at 3:51pm

As far as I know, Stanley is still doing the matinees. I believe Matlock is doing the evening performances, with Hart just brought in as a temporary cover while the switch is going on.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 3/21/11 at 3:56pm

Stanley is doing the matinees? Very cool.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Leia947
#3Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 3/21/11 at 4:09pm

She WAS doing matinees up until 3/13. Along with Levi Kreis, the 13th was her last day. As far as I know, Victoria Matlock has taken over the role full-time.

"And I'm a grown up....I don't go on vacations....I go to Broadway." - dramamama611

"Even I think that's hot, and I'm a straight guy. If I ever become gay he is the reason." - Drunk Chita Rivera on Gavin Creel

"Leia947 is my theatre mamma, and I love her for it." - AndAllThatJazz22

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#4Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 3/21/11 at 4:14pm

According to playbill.com, Victoria Matlock has taken over the role full-time. Nicolette Hart is listed as the understudy.

beautywickedlover
#5Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 3/21/11 at 5:09pm

^ Is this on her bio at playbill.com because I don't see it anywhere else on the website.

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/whoswho/biography/18906

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
rmusic11322
#7Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 3/21/11 at 7:16pm

Yay for Victoria! Maybe I'll try to catch the show sometime now. (No intention of disrespect to Stanley.)

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#8Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 3/21/11 at 7:28pm

I saw both Victoria and Elizabeth and even though it's a very, very small role, Victoria was miles better. She just fit the role much better.

beautywickedlover
#9Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 3/21/11 at 9:25pm

I think this role and Cindy Lou in "The Marvelous Wonderettes" are much better fo her than Elphaba. Her Elphaba had very little character and she always had trouble keeping up with the melody when she sang those songs.

beautywickedlover
#10Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:48am

I do think Victoria is great in other roles, but I think Taylor Swift is more consistant at singing live in concerts and award shows than Vicotria was at singing Stephen Schwartz's songs every night. This is coming from a big Taylor Swift fan.
Updated On: 3/22/11 at 10:48 AM

beautywickedlover
wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#12Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 4/19/11 at 11:55am

Are you sure that's up to date because it still lists Levi in the cast and he has left.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#13Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 4/19/11 at 12:01pm

They just upped Victoria to full time last month why would they make that announcement if Elizabeth was coming back? Makes no sense - the website is not right.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

beautywickedlover
#14Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 4/19/11 at 1:23pm

I also assumed this because Elizabeth was at the 1 Year Anniversery, but she maybe she was only there to celebrate.

Million Dollar Quartet Celebrates One-Year Anniversary With Special Guest Marilyn Evans Riehl

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#15Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 4/19/11 at 1:33pm

Playbill lists Victoria Matlock (see below).

I'll be in the neighborhood this afternoon, so I'll check the lobby board.
Cast list for MDQ

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#16Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 4/19/11 at 1:49pm

How is this show? The only things I know about it are from the official website and I don't know anyone else who has seen it. I was thinking of seeing it tomorrow possibly.

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

FosseBoi
#17Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 4/19/11 at 2:02pm

Its terrible in my opinion. Had there been an intermission I probably would have left. Nothing happens, it has a horrible book and terrible direction.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#18Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 4/19/11 at 2:30pm

Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#19Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 4/20/11 at 1:31am

Elizabeth Stanley is not listed as a member of the company, per the board in the lobby. Victoria Matlock and Nicolette Hart are, however.

Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl Updated On: 4/20/11 at 01:31 AM

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#20Who is playing Dyanne in 'Million Dollar Quartet' now since Elizabeth Stanl
Posted: 5/6/11 at 8:32pm

Thanks for posting this. I debated on seeing it next weekend since it's up for 50% on TKTS. I thought something was fishing that the site listed so many of the OBC still in the show. Now I know I don't have to bother! :)