pixeltracker

is it about time for another gypsy revival?

is it about time for another gypsy revival?

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#1is it about time for another gypsy revival?
Posted: 5/7/11 at 8:40am

It seems like ages since the last revival. Now seems like the perfect time for another one.

Dollypop
#2is it about time for another gypsy revival?
Posted: 5/7/11 at 8:54am

Only if it features the same cast as the LuPone version. I will never see another production of GYPSY because this version was perfection.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#2is it about time for another gypsy revival?
Posted: 5/7/11 at 9:19am

Not even one with Carol?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#3is it about time for another gypsy revival?
Posted: 5/7/11 at 9:42am

Donna Murphy. Paging Donna Murphy.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#4is it about time for another gypsy revival?
Posted: 5/7/11 at 10:08am

I've always wondered what Nathan Lane would bring to Momma. I think now's the time to find out.

Porter2 Profile Photo
Porter2
#5is it about time for another gypsy revival?
Posted: 5/7/11 at 11:36am

"Only if it features the same cast as the LuPone version. I will never see another production of GYPSY because this version was perfection."

Dollypop, I couldn't agree more! I would love for the 2008 cast to return for at least a special benefit performance or concert. Perhaps a NY Philharmonic run?

“You need three things in the theater - the play, the actors and the audience, - and each must give something.” (Kenneth Haigh)

baritonepride
#6is it about time for another gypsy revival?
Posted: 5/7/11 at 2:25pm

No. The last one was only 3-4 years ago. It needs more time to settle. IMHO, even the 2007/08 revival was too soon.

Videos