News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Porter2

Porter2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Porter2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best Joanne?
 Jul 10 2011, 09:21:29 PM
I never saw Stritch but love her in the cast recording of course and she's iconic in the role. I saw both Barbara Walsh and Patti LuPone live, and while I enjoyed both, LuPone simply blew me away

I feel the same way about Stritch. (I actually didn't like Walsh that much, but I didn't HATE her). Patti's performance of " The Ladies Who Lunch" gave me more goosebumps than her stunning version of "Everything's Coming Up Roses."

WONDERLAND producer cites actors as fault
 Jul 6 2011, 01:01:45 PM
I honestly can't see how someone could blame the actors; they were the only good part of that train wreck. They can say that Janet was miscast (which I would partly agree with), but blaming the fact that the show flopped on her is just bullpoop. (Yes, I bought the book and lyrics to The Book of Mormon, so "bullpoop" is now my favorite phrase.)
'Hollywood stars at the center of Broadway backlash'
 May 30 2011, 06:07:57 PM
Personally, I don't care who is performing on the stage as long as the're GOOD. But God forbid they edge out people like Sutton Foster.

But some Hollywood stars have done a lot, or at least a few, stage roles (ie: Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Neil Patrick Harris, etc.) and Daniel Radcliffe was supreme in Equus. Even Patti LuPone has done stuff in Hollywood.

Is there anyone who thinks The Book of Mormon shouldn't win best musical?
 May 30 2011, 01:01:43 PM
You lost all credibility with me on that one. It was the blandest musical of the year with a score that made WONDERLAND look like WEST SIDE STORY.

I was being sarcastic! Nothing was better than Scottsboro this season (Mormon comes in close second and I wouldn't be that upset if it won.)

But I do feel that if Catch Me was staged differently, it could've been A LOT better. The TV theme just didn't work that well, but I still really enjoy

What show are you CURRENTLY in/working on?
 May 30 2011, 11:40:26 AM
Right now, I'm directing a production of Company, and next I'm orchestrating and directing Gypsy.
Is there anyone who thinks The Book of Mormon shouldn't win best musical?
 May 30 2011, 11:31:20 AM
If it were up to me, I'd award it to Catch Me If You Can (!), but the most deserving is definitely Scottsboro Boys.

And CockeyedOptimist2, I completely agree about Stroman.

BOOK OF MORMON to play West End in 2012?
 May 28 2011, 08:23:02 PM
If BOM wins most (if not all) of their Tony noms, I think that will give it the extra lift, and with the interest in the national tour and the cast recording.

Composer JOE BROOKS commits suicide
 May 22 2011, 03:39:04 PM
I would've never seen this coming...
 May 22 2011, 03:26:59 PM
that would be awesome! who should be cast?

I'd love to see Josh Gad recreate the role in London, like Nathan Lane did with The Producers. Benjamin Walker was Price in the early workshops, so I think he'd be a good choice for the role.

May 22 2011, 03:13:58 PM
Sonia Friedman is the producer for London.
 May 21 2011, 07:13:08 PM
With the 14 nominations, I'm curious to see how Mormon and Anything Goes hash it out in the acting and design categories.

May 21 2011, 05:06:41 PM
Playbill, Broadway.com, and Broadway World are all reporting it:
Woody Allen Returning to Broadway!
 May 21 2011, 08:34:09 AM

STAGE TUBE: First Look at Spielberg's WAR HORSE Film!
 May 20 2011, 09:24:02 PM
"Steven Spielberg is adapting 'War Horse' into a feature length film, which is set to be released in theatres on December 28. The story: At the outbreak of World War One, Joey, young Albert's beloved horse, is sold to the cavalry and shipped to France. He's soon caught up in enemy fire, and fate takes him on an extraordinary odyssey, serving on both sides before finding himself alone in no man's land. But Albert cannot forget Joey and, still not old enough to enlist, he embarks on a treacherous
next revival you want starring.......
 May 20 2011, 09:19:07 PM
"Company" with Patti LuPone as Joanne, Joshua Henry as Bobby, and Sutton Foster as Amy (or Kathy?).

WAR HORSE, THE BOOK OF MORMON, THE NORMAL HEART, ANYTHING GOES & Rylance Win at Drama League Awards
 May 20 2011, 09:16:14 PM
I'm so glad Mark was recognized for his work this season, even though I've been rooting for Nina Ariadna and Frances McDormand. I'm actually surprised War Horse on for Distinguished Production of a Play, I thought Jerusalem or Good People had it in the bag.
Barbra Streisand & Larry Kramer 'Debate' THE NORMAL HEART Film to EW
 May 7 2011, 05:57:34 PM

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN Cast Recording Available Digitally May 23; Clips Online
 May 7 2011, 05:52:13 PM
So excited! I have to agree with everyone, though, that Aaron's voice is better on stage. Love the score!
is it about time for another gypsy revival?
 May 7 2011, 11:36:02 AM
"Only if it features the same cast as the LuPone version. I will never see another production of GYPSY because this version was perfection."

Dollypop, I couldn't agree more! I would love for the 2008 cast to return for at least a special benefit performance or concert. Perhaps a NY Philharmonic run?

BABY IT'S YOU like
 May 2 2011, 05:28:27 PM
I must admit, Baby It's You! was certainly enjoyable enough, but the only strong elements of the show were the technical aspects (the costumes by Lizz Wolf are GREAT) and the music, orchestrated by Don Sebesky. The cast was okay, especially those Shirelles ladies. It could've been MUCH better if they brought in a script doctor.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You