pixeltracker

Normal Heart possible extension?

Normal Heart possible extension?

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Clopin73
#1Normal Heart possible extension?
Posted: 5/15/11 at 10:36am

Greetings Broadway Experts.

I am visiting NYC the weekend of July 15. I am seeing How to Succeed and Priscilla. Trying to lock down a third show. Ideally would love to see Mormon but tickets are not looking obtainable so I will catch that in November when I return.

I am eyeing Normal Heart but it closes on July 10 (the weekend prior to my arrival). What are your thoughts on whether the show will get extended by a week or two. I know it is a limited engagement run, but then again so was Angels in America. I know the theatre house is usually paid for the entire month.

Any insight would be much appreciated as I am willing to hold out and take my chances and not buy tickets to my third show until very close to the actual arrival date.

Let me know and thanks in advance.

willep
#2Normal Heart possible extension?
Posted: 5/15/11 at 10:53am

This has been discussed on multiple occasions. People say they don' think it will extend, but if it does, it won't keep the same cast because of other commitments.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Normal Heart possible extension?
Posted: 5/15/11 at 10:54am

While anything is possible, I wouldn't hold my breath. It's not doing gangbusters at the box office and since there are a number of high profile people in the show that have filming schedules to adhere to, it is unlikely.

I would think that IF they were to extend...an announcement could still be a month away. Maybe if they get some box office push from the Tony awards.

I just saw the show last night, truly a meaningful night of theater.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos