Rush Advice

megs1122 Profile Photo
megs1122
#25Rush Advice
Posted: 8/16/11 at 6:25pm

How picky are the ppl at the box office at Catch me if you can, my student card has an expiry of aug 15 and i wont get a new one til sept...will I still be able to rush?

Shows seen in 2011: Rock of Ages (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 7 Oct), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 1 Sep), Cirque du Soleil: Zarkana (Broadway, Radio City Music Hall - 26 Aug), RENT (Broadway, New World Stages - 25 Aug), Hair (Broadway, St. James Theatre - 24 Aug), The Book of Mormon (Broadway *WON LOTTO*, Eugene O'Neill Theatre - 24 Aug), Dress Circle Benefit Gala (WE, Her Majesty's Theatre - 7 Aug), Derren Brown: Svengali (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 6 July), Lend me a Tenor the Musical (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 3 June), Lord of the Flies (WE, Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park - 2 June), In a Forest Dark and Deep (WE, Vaudeville Theatre - 31 May), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 28 May), The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 2 May), Priscilla Queen of the Desert (WE, Palace Theatre - 29 Apr), Les Miserables (WE, Queens Theatre - 20 Apr), Thrill me (WE, Tristan Bates Theatre - 14 Apr), Ghost the Musical (Manchester, Opera House - 13 Apr), Million Dollar Quartere (WE, Noel Coward Theatre - 5 Apr), The Lion King (WE, Lyceum Theatre - 16 Mar), The Exonerated (WE, Charing Cross Theatre - 15 Mar), The Children's Hour (WE, Comedy Theatre - 14 Mar), Clybourne Park (WE, Wyndhams Theatre - 12 Mar), Company (WE, Southwark Playhouse - 12 Mar), The 25th annual putnam county spelling bee (WE, Donmar - 2 March), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 11 Feb), Million Dollar Quartet (WE, Noel Coward - 9 Feb), Love Story (WE, Duchess Theatre - 7 Feb), Lance Horne:First things last (WE, Garrick Theatre - 30 Jan), La Boheme (WE, Soho Theatre - 29 Jan), Legally Blonde (WE, Savoy Theatre - 10.Jan)

dmorgs16
#26Rush Advice
Posted: 8/16/11 at 8:44pm

My brother and I are planning to rush Chicago on Thursday for the 3pm show. Is the rush usually available, and what time should we plan to be there to get tickets?

#27Rush Advice
Posted: 8/16/11 at 11:34pm

Catch Me If You Can rush was very busy this past Sunday. I got there an hour before the box office opened and was the 19th person on line. I did manage to get a ticket. By the time the box office opened there were at least 40 people. I don't know how many got tickets but mine was Mezz Row N 119 Center. Good view, but noticed there were a couple seats open in the Orchestra and at intermission I went down and waited until they told us to take our seats and asked a few people if anyone was sitting in an open seat in the 3rd row and they said "take it"! It was much more enjoyable sitting close and made the story more interesting.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#28Rush Advice
Posted: 8/17/11 at 5:55pm

Anybody done the Follies rush? I was thinking of trying it Saturday.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

megs1122 Profile Photo
megs1122
#29Rush Advice
Posted: 8/18/11 at 12:08am

BUMP

How picky are the ppl at the box office at Catch me if you can, my student card has an expiry of aug 15 and i wont get a new one til sept...will I still be able to rush?

THNX

Shows seen in 2011: Rock of Ages (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 7 Oct), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 1 Sep), Cirque du Soleil: Zarkana (Broadway, Radio City Music Hall - 26 Aug), RENT (Broadway, New World Stages - 25 Aug), Hair (Broadway, St. James Theatre - 24 Aug), The Book of Mormon (Broadway *WON LOTTO*, Eugene O'Neill Theatre - 24 Aug), Dress Circle Benefit Gala (WE, Her Majesty's Theatre - 7 Aug), Derren Brown: Svengali (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 6 July), Lend me a Tenor the Musical (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 3 June), Lord of the Flies (WE, Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park - 2 June), In a Forest Dark and Deep (WE, Vaudeville Theatre - 31 May), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 28 May), The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 2 May), Priscilla Queen of the Desert (WE, Palace Theatre - 29 Apr), Les Miserables (WE, Queens Theatre - 20 Apr), Thrill me (WE, Tristan Bates Theatre - 14 Apr), Ghost the Musical (Manchester, Opera House - 13 Apr), Million Dollar Quartere (WE, Noel Coward Theatre - 5 Apr), The Lion King (WE, Lyceum Theatre - 16 Mar), The Exonerated (WE, Charing Cross Theatre - 15 Mar), The Children's Hour (WE, Comedy Theatre - 14 Mar), Clybourne Park (WE, Wyndhams Theatre - 12 Mar), Company (WE, Southwark Playhouse - 12 Mar), The 25th annual putnam county spelling bee (WE, Donmar - 2 March), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 11 Feb), Million Dollar Quartet (WE, Noel Coward - 9 Feb), Love Story (WE, Duchess Theatre - 7 Feb), Lance Horne:First things last (WE, Garrick Theatre - 30 Jan), La Boheme (WE, Soho Theatre - 29 Jan), Legally Blonde (WE, Savoy Theatre - 10.Jan)

roseee
#30Rush Advice
Posted: 8/18/11 at 5:38pm

@megs Idk about this rush particular, but normally I'd just use my old ID plus a print out of my fall class schedule or tuition bills to get my student discounts during summer.

peijenna
#31Rush Advice
Posted: 8/19/11 at 9:35am

I was wondering about the Follies Rush too. Anyone know how that is going. I am not arriving into the city until about 1 in the afternoon on a Saturday. would I have a shot at Follies?or would I be better waiting til Sunday?

Also wanted to rush How to Succeed on Sunday. I have done it before on a Sunday by showing up at 930am. What is the rush like lately?

jennifer252 Profile Photo
jennifer252
#32Rush Advice
Posted: 8/19/11 at 2:37pm

megs1122 I rushed Catch Me if You Can this past Wednesday for the evening show with a friend and we needed 4 tickets. My friend forgot her student ID so we were worried we wouldn't be able to get tickets. I had my ID and the guy was super nice to my friend even though she didn't have her ID and he sold her two tickets anyway. I'm not sure if this is how all of the box office people are at Catch Me but this guy wasn't picky at all and still sold us tickets. Hope this helps!
Updated On: 8/19/11 at 02:37 PM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#33Rush Advice
Posted: 8/19/11 at 4:36pm

My experience at Catch Me was really positive. I mean I had my student ID, but the guy never even asked for it. He took a quick glance. (He actually handed me my tickets before I showed it to him.)