News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GlindatheGood22

GlindatheGood22 Profile Photo
Member Name: GlindatheGood22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Let me at those sons of bitches.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MCC developing WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE musical by Bandits on the Run and Christopher Sears  Feb 8 2024, 04:23:10 PM

Having seen the Bandits perform songs from this at one of their concerts, I can say that the intention (at least as of now) seems to be to have a disabled actor as Arnie. When they played here in Hartford this fall, a performer with Down syndrome sang Arnie's solo.

Charlotte St. Martin is leaving the Broadway League  Jan 16 2024, 11:50:05 AM

Good.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Oct 23 2023, 08:13:40 AM

Video has dropped and it looks great!

EVITA at the ART - Reviews  Sep 19 2023, 01:42:39 PM

Sammi also explained that they put in a new version of the song “Another Suitcase in Another Hall” the prior night. The new concept has the younger mistress character going through similar actions Eva has gone through and Eva witnessing them, showing the cycle and pattern of abuse that is all too common. She said prior, the mistress sat center stage writing in her diary with Eva watching her.

Not sure about this - I saw the show in June in Boston and t

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Sep 10 2023, 12:54:26 PM

east side story said: "Buckley may not have wanted to do 8 shows a week in New York (no one does) but she is also shooting Chloe Zhao’s next film with Paul Mescal late spring/summer 2024, so Cabaret really wouldn’t have worked with that schedule.

Misread this and for one shining second thought we could be getting Betty Buckley as Schneider.

Hugh Wheeler's "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" (1966)  Sep 4 2023, 11:23:43 AM

Hi everyone! In real life I'm a PhD student, and I'm writing an article on a production which until a few months ago I never knew existed. Apparently, in 1966, Hugh Wheeler adapted Shirley Jackson's last novel into a stage play, which flopped colossally despite being directed by Garson Kanin and produced by David Merrick. (One of the stars was Heather Menzies, fresh off her turn in The Sound of Music.)

Anyway, I was able to obtain a copy of the script, but a dearth of production photos leaves me with very little idea of what the Broadway production actually looked like. Neither the internet nor Lincoln Center has been much help. Which brings me here, on the (very) off chance that anyone saw the Broadway production or DC tryout and might be willing to share what they remember.

It's a weird play, and not particularly faithful to Jackson's novel, but Wheeler's adaptation shows seeds of what would later bloom in Sweeney and Night Music. That's an article for another day. :)

THE COTTAGE On Broadway - Previews Thread  Aug 30 2023, 10:26:31 AM

I'll echo what others have said about Dana Steinberg. Other than that, the best thing I can say for this play/production is that it made me remember how much I love the smell of theatre cigarettes.

Why is the specific theater important?  Aug 22 2023, 08:29:54 AM

Is there any theatre with a worse track record than the Marquis? A quick glance at the Wikipedia page seems to indicate they haven't had an open run recoup since The Drowsy Chaperone 2006, despite Evita and Beetlejuice both breaking the house record several times.

Yikes.

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews  Jul 17 2023, 06:39:03 PM

Man, somebody's getting fired.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/9/23  Jul 11 2023, 06:22:57 PM

RUkiddingme said: "Regarding Kimberly - has there been much discussion on the fact that it's not a family show? It's not even a PG-13 show! The language is very bad and will keep away a ton of people.

Am I making this up or didn't Billy Elliot has the same problem? Didn't they try toning down the cursing at one point?

"

I don't know if it started out as a problem for Billy Elliot, but they definitely cut the cursing towar

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Jul 11 2023, 12:34:10 PM

Idea for Sally: Julia Garner. Hey, she was gonna play Madonna. Bet she could pull off the vocals."

Absolutely. She'd be my pick too, but I tend to believe the Micaela Diamond rumors. Interesting question - with Diamond just coming off Parade, might this production choose to imply or explicitly state that Sally is Jewish? Not sure how that would work, but I suppose the ending (if they keep it the same as in London) precludes that.

Anyway, I'm excited. I real

EVITA at the ART - Reviews  Jun 8 2023, 11:22:58 AM

wiggum2 said: "I just got back from seeing it and while I'm still processing here are some thoughts

1. I really liked the actor playing Che... however I completely missed the older/younger version of Che concept it seems

2. I was not impressed with Shereen... maybe she was having an off night but she missed many notes and I've never heard quality sung with so many syllables

3. The direction/choreography in Buenos Aires seemed to contradict its

Matt Doyle’s Next  Jun 7 2023, 08:45:47 AM

Incredibly ominous thread title.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  May 1 2023, 12:30:21 PM

"Well, I can understand the frustration, but I think it's more so meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek / fantastical. Basically, Kimberly took the best of a bad situation."

I agree. I absolutely love the ending, especially when we see

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

the footage of Kim in Disneyworld. So incredibly moving,

Andrew Lloyd Webber Announces Son Death  Mar 25 2023, 04:10:50 PM

How sad. Hoping ALW and his family can find peace at this incredibly difficult time.

Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27  Dec 30 2022, 08:53:45 AM

Tsao5 said: "With all due respect to all those commenting (well, most commenting), actors should NEVER engage

with unruly audience members. The show should have been stopped. The actors should have been told to

leave the stage by the Stage Manager. The Front of House Manager should have been on this as soon as

it started. The lead actor did NOTHING to make this situation better and should never had gotten involved.
"

This is what confu

Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27  Dec 29 2022, 11:32:30 AM

Here is a longer video of the incident, shot from the balcony. This one captures the woman who seems to be defending the disruptive lady - that happens around 1:35, after the guy yells YOU'RE DISGRACEFUL.

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade  Dec 25 2022, 11:34:15 AM

If this has indeed been planning for Broadway all along, it would explain why Grace McLean suddenly (and silently) backed out of playing the governor's wife, presumably having learned she'd been cast in Bad Cinderella.

One Shubert Alley gift shop to close October 2  Sep 18 2022, 12:21:45 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I’m confused. Is One Shubert Alley the one across the street from the Majestic or is that Theatre Circle?"

If I'm not mistaken, One Shubert Alley is the one that's physically in the alley. Hopefully they can do some good business during the Flea Market!

As good a time as any to mention that, despite the thousand degree heat and insane prices, God, I miss Colony.

Into The Woods casting updates  Aug 20 2022, 11:39:33 AM

The8re phan said: "Was listening this album last night, as well as the 'intro track' where he explained that Sondheim himself made this suggestion -- Billy Porter as the Witch would be BRILLIANT!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ieHjhfqrMU
"

Careful the things you say, SA-WEETIE. :) If they're looking to keep selling tickets I wish they'd bring in Hannah Waddingham. This is the best Last Midnight I've ever seen.

The Broadway tea guy on Tiktok mentioned Sherie and Norbert, but I don't know reliable that is.

Edit: If they're interested in keeping up the couples trend and Suffs doesn't come to Broadway, why not bring in Stephen Pasquale and give Pippa a shot at the Baker's Wife? :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You