pixeltracker

Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.- Page 7

Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.

jovie27 Profile Photo
jovie27
#150Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.
Posted: 8/2/11 at 9:53pm

Got it! I kind of realized that after the fact...thanks~!

joneswright08
#151Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.
Posted: 8/3/11 at 12:36am

"Great--another person has given their definitive opinion about a performer who hasn't even been officially cast in a show that won't even have a performance for months.

And seriously, you start your post by suggesting that Ambrose isn't Jewish enough for Fanny, then you suggest the two most Italian Catholic actresses I can think of for Fanny and Mrs. Brice? That makes so much sense."

Just a side note Laura Benanti is not actually Italian...here's a link to a very old interview on the subject:

Laura's Theme (InTheater)

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#152Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.
Posted: 8/3/11 at 9:49am

Jovie, I made the same mistake. The article was not at all clear about that week's run but obviously they must be talking about L.A..

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#153Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.
Posted: 8/3/11 at 10:21am

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that a person's look is more relevant that their actual ethnicity, but for what it's worth, Lauren's last name on her birth certificate is D'Ambruoso.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#154Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.
Posted: 8/3/11 at 12:19pm

Thanks, madbri. Your post reminds me of the fact that in Italy, "The Nanny" is called "La Tata," and through the aid of dubbing, Fran is magically turned into La Tata Francesca, an Italian immigrant from Ciociaria.

Another factoid, though even less germane: in Italy the Spanish feature "Jamon, Jamon" was called "Prosciutto, Prosciutto." In that case, at least, I think something important - and highly erotic - was lost in translation. Perhaps "Mortadella, Mortadella" would have been more apt.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#155Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.
Posted: 8/3/11 at 12:48pm

Official confirmation:

Haters gon' hate

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 8/3/11 at 12:48 PM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#156Unofficial but, Lauren Ambrose is rumored to be Fanny Brice.
Posted: 8/3/11 at 12:49pm

This thread is racist.

Videos