pixeltracker

Question re: FOLLIES rush - Page 3

Question re: FOLLIES rush

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#50Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/15/11 at 5:24am

I saw On A Clear day last week, thank for the tip! If I can't get B&C or Follies which are shows I haven't seen yet I might go and see On A Clear Day again because I loved it!! thanks! I have sat totally free so the plan is to see B&C then, but if I got B&C today then I'd try for Hugh on sat. buuuuuuuut it's more important to me to see a musical than a concert, ya know guys!

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#51Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/15/11 at 10:02am

My boyfriend rushed for us on Tuesday. He got there at 11 and said there were plenty of tickets left. Our seats were rear orchestra, center...I believe Row U but I don't have the ticket in front of me. Anyway, though, they seemed easy enough to get.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

emilyfaye48
#52Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/15/11 at 2:55pm

Just checked at the bo and they had 1 left circa 2:45pm. I'm coming back sat. Thanks all!

bwayalltheway
#53Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/22/11 at 6:56pm

Like others on here, I got turned away when I tried to rush this for not having a college I.D. How strict have they been lately with strictly college I.D's? Looking to see the show again in January and I want to try for the cheapest tickets...

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#54Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/22/11 at 8:34pm

I rushed "Follies" two Saturdays ago. The man in the box office did ask for a student ID. I arrived at about 9:00 (I think? It might have been 9:30), and got row U, dead center. It's technically rear orchestra, but I thought the seat was excellent: far enough away to get a sense of the tableau and really see the lighting, but close enough to still see expressions.

emilyfaye48
#55Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/22/11 at 9:11pm

That's crazy!! I think I might have been holding my ID but the guy didn't ask to see it when I went of Saturday. maybe next time old AN id in hand and hope they don't ask to actually look at it

Evita@theBroadway Profile Photo
Evita@theBroadway
#56Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 1/11/12 at 11:25am

Has anyone rushed lately on saturday? I'm thinking of rushing this saturday for the matinee, but my train doesn't get into Penn Station till 9:30 a.m.

I look forward to an America which will steadily raise the standards of artistic accomplishment and which will steadily enlarge cultural opportunities for all of our citizens. - JFK

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#57Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 1/11/12 at 10:04pm

I rushed on Wednesday, January 4th, with a group of four and got to the box office at 11:00. Two of us got tickets for the matinee, and the other two didn't. Luckily, they were selling $47 tickets for the mezzanine so we all got to see the show. There were plenty of empty seats in the orchestra that are typically student rush, so I think maybe they would have released more tickets closer to curtain, although they said they wouldn't -- are they obligated to say that?