News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

War Horse: Question about LincTix

War Horse: Question about LincTix

dumbosbigears
#1War Horse: Question about LincTix
Posted: 8/27/11 at 12:15am

I am coming to the city during my Fall break to see shows. One of the shows that I am dying to see is War Horse. I signed up for LincTix but I might have fibbed about my age. It has been asked before on the forum but there has been no definitive answer, so do they check ID's for LincTix?
If so, would it be possible to get rush seats in October? I know that it is really early to ask, but I cannot afford to pay full price for the ticket.
Thank you so much!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#2War Horse: Question about LincTix
Posted: 8/27/11 at 12:21am

Yes, they absolutely check IDs for LincTix. In fact, the box office attendant who took mine appeared to actually be doing the math to figure out how old I am.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

HBBrock
#2War Horse: Question about LincTix
Posted: 8/27/11 at 12:26am

They 1000% check at Lincoln Center. You might want to call them and cancel your order and let them know you lied about your age to avoid embarrassment at the theater.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#3War Horse: Question about LincTix
Posted: 8/27/11 at 12:29am

I wasn't asked for id. I'd actually forgotten that it was a LincTix ticket, and so I handed over my credit card (instead of my id) at the box office, and was given my ticket no problem. Realized as I was waiting to enter the theatre that I was supposed to show my id. Oops.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#4War Horse: Question about LincTix
Posted: 8/27/11 at 2:07pm

He asked me for an ID, so I showed him a college ID that did not have my age on it. I am of age, but I don't think it's honestly that big of a deal.

dumbosbigears
#5War Horse: Question about LincTix
Posted: 8/29/11 at 1:36pm

Thank you all for your help! I really do appreciate it. I haven't bought the ticket yet, and I am still weighing my options. I would love to see it, but I don't want to risk anything as well. (I only about a year younger than the minimum age, so that is why I was asking). I might just end up rushing the show, if I can, and if it is not sold out. It will be in early October, so I am hoping that it won't be too busy. War Horse: Question about LincTix

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#6War Horse: Question about LincTix
Posted: 8/29/11 at 2:00pm

Are you turning 21 before the end of the year? From the @LCTheater Twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/#!/LCTheater/statuses/86183391166337024
If you are turning 21 before the end of this year, you can sign up now...

http://twitter.com/#!/LCTheater/statuses/86470765540675584
@LCTheater Great to know! Does that mean I can buy a ticket for a performance date that's before my 21st? Thanks for clarifying!

Technically yes! LincTix is for 21-35 old, but it's based on a Jan 1 start/end date each year, so there's some flexibility.

Videos