Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#25Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!
Posted: 9/5/11 at 12:03am

trentsketch- I don't think playing it this way would really have helped anything (except perhaps make me laugh even harder the first time around). I mean Beth was playing it like she was in something like Rachael Lily Rosenbloom today, ha. Nothing was ever going to make this show play well, but at least it was more memorable/quotable than bland, forgettable stuff like Sister Act.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#26Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!
Posted: 9/5/11 at 1:39am

Do you guys really think that Beth, herself, didn't know this show was bad?

BTW...I believe she's going into ELF again.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#27Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!
Posted: 9/5/11 at 3:35am

"Do you guys really think that Beth, herself, didn't know this show was bad?"

Lord knows what I'd give to have seen the look she had on her face when she found out that she was nominated for a Tony for this show.

And can you imagine what she said?
Updated On: 9/5/11 at 03:35 AM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#28Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!
Posted: 9/5/11 at 2:05pm

Well, the hair sucked....

:P

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

dave1606
#29Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!
Posted: 9/5/11 at 6:27pm

My favorite memory of this show was sitting next to a drunk couple who sang along to the entire show. Also, the perpetual "I stepped in dog poo" look that Beth seemed to carry the entire show. The last time I saw an expression that disgusted was Sherie Renee Scott in Women on the Verge.
Updated On: 9/5/11 at 06:27 PM

xiah20832
#30Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!
Posted: 9/5/11 at 11:44pm

heard she's ganna be in Annie (B'way) in 2012....anyone know if it's true?

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#31Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!
Posted: 9/6/11 at 4:11pm

This show made me hate what Broadway has become. Let's throw a piece of crap together and call it a Broadway show. I used to like Beth Leavel and would have had more respect for her had she left this show during rehearsals.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#32Goodbye, BABY IT'S YOU!
Posted: 9/6/11 at 9:46pm

I wish that I could just quit my job every time my boss or my board decided to do something I thought was stupid. The reality is, however, that I have a family to support, a mortgage to pay and bills to cover. Starring in a Broadway show is a JOB. It may not be a great show, or even a good show, but you still have to do it if you need to collect a paycheck.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars