pixeltracker

Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?

Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
ALittlePriest
#1Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/14/11 at 1:30pm

I saw it at Fringe and I'm going again tonight. I didn't know if anyone else knows if they're making any changes for the Encore.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#2Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/14/11 at 1:36pm

Well, Tina Stafford's replacing Jen Barnhart at Encore, so I'm interested to see it again for that factor, to see another take on Julie. I'm not going tonight, but did also see it at Fringe, and seeing it again this weekend at Encore.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#2Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/14/11 at 2:33pm

I also saw it at Fringe and plan an going on. I was going to go tonight, but I ended up winning tickets to the NEWSIES final dress rehearsal at the lottery yesterday, so I'm seeing TAYMOR tomorrow. It was one of the best shows I saw at Fringe. It was funny, topical, good music, great performances, and short enough that you didn't get tired of it partway through. Regardless of the subject matter, it was a very well-done show, and I'm excited to see it again.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

mybigsplash Profile Photo
mybigsplash
#3Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/14/11 at 4:24pm

I noticed they put more tickets on TDF, I tried to get a pair two weeks ago but they sold out all their tickets on there like the first day. Maybe now I can go! This was the best thing at Fringe this year by far. I agree with you Yero, even if Spider-Man never existed this show is such a great standalone musical regardless of parody, I see it having a lot of licensing possibilities.

Stephen: "Could you grab me a coffee?" Me: "Would you like that with all the colors of the wind?"

sebanseban
#4Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/14/11 at 11:58pm

Curious what you mean by Licensing possibilities. Who do you think would license this piece?

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
ALittlePriest
#5Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/15/11 at 10:29am

I was at the first Encore performance last night. The house was pretty full, maybe 20 empty seats out of 199. The show was fantastic! Tina Stafford was hilarious, but a totally different take on Julie than Jennifer Barnhart. Her Julie was a little more realistic, which was in a way more sincere. There were a few line flubs, but I think Tina will get better this week. I'm going to try and go again for the final late perf Saturday night. Other major changes include the entrance and exits for Julie which was a huge surprise, I won't give it away. Also the ending with the fire makes much more sense, I think maybe they reblocked it. All in all, it's a goo musical with an amazing score. Anyone know if there is are demo tracks going around? I looked on their website and couldn't find anything...

wexy
#6Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/15/11 at 11:27am

I really enjoyed this and my friend David Fletcher is the musical director and he did a great job as well

(then i got to see Spiderman on TDF) which made it more enjoyable.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#7Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/15/11 at 11:45am

Other major changes include the entrance and exits for Julie which was a huge surprise, I won't give it away.

Aaah, I LOVED Julie's (old) entrance!

mybigsplash Profile Photo
mybigsplash
#9Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
Posted: 9/15/11 at 3:42pm

I could see it being licensed tons of places, like colleges or regional theatres. It's a real musical, not a spoof. I keep telling people that.

Stephen: "Could you grab me a coffee?" Me: "Would you like that with all the colors of the wind?"

Videos