News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ALittlePriest

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
Member Name: ALittlePriest
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

update: Hamilton lotto entrants
 Jun 15 2016, 07:35:57 PM

Never had any interest or cause to do this, but I found it to be of public interest to report. After spending the past 2 weeks off and on the phone with Broadway Direct and the NYC gaming commission. I finally have some stats to report back after following the thread earlier this month about the number of Hamilton lottery participants on any given day. Thankfully the gaming commission was correct to note that any online lottery or raffle in New York must reveal (no conceal) how many

Exorcist: Boring religion play with Magic Show at end?
 Jul 23 2012, 05:31:07 PM
pretty much.
LYSISTRATA JONES Reviews
 Dec 14 2011, 05:08:26 PM
The point is valid because Off-Broadway calibur performers appear on Broadway all the time, hence look at Lysistrata Jones, they are technically on Broadway.
LYSISTRATA JONES Reviews
 Dec 14 2011, 03:23:50 PM
Godspell has a Broadway callibur cast. If only Lysistrata Jones had their ensemble it would be a different situation entirely. But then Godspell would be in the position LJ is in.
LYSISTRATA JONES Reviews
 Dec 14 2011, 03:18:17 PM
It is not good enough for Broadway because it is:
a) Off-Broadway talent
b) Amateurish music
c) Not funny, amateurish jokes
d) Silly in an unimportant way.

To verify that it is not good enough for Broadway, one can simply look at the ticket sales that clearly show no one deems it worthy of paying Broadway prices.

LYSISTRATA JONES Reviews
 Dec 14 2011, 02:44:54 PM
I absolutely agree with Jordan.

This show may have exceeded expectations for an Off-Broadway musical, warranting (some) good reviews. But it simply not good enough for Broadway.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
 Dec 12 2011, 05:34:37 PM
I bet Lysistrata Jones announces closing on or after Opening Night, and either closes after Opening, or on this Sunday.

Either way, I'd say you have 3 to 6 days left to catch this show.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
 Dec 5 2011, 04:10:28 PM
So... Only 9 more days to catch Lysistrata Jones?
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
 Nov 28 2011, 05:11:52 PM
He took the form of a bull.
 Nov 28 2011, 05:03:52 PM
I slept with Zeus.
 Nov 28 2011, 05:00:11 PM
I can't believe anyone paid even $28 for Lysistrata Jones. I got my comps for tonight, and so did everyone else I know, and I was told I could request up to 10!!! But it's not a press night is it? L.J. will have to close on opening, if they're gross potential fell to 17% on THE SECOND BUSIEST WEEK FOR BROADWAY OF THE YEAR. LOL #GreekTragedyonBroadway
GODSPELL Reviews
 Nov 7 2011, 07:41:23 PM
double post
GODSPELL Reviews
 Nov 7 2011, 07:41:23 PM
I agree with Blaxx. The Backstage review criticizes almost everything about this production.
How does The Phantom make Carlotta's voice croak?
 Sep 27 2011, 01:25:14 PM
^ I was actually considering wizards.
How does The Phantom make Carlotta's voice croak?
 Sep 27 2011, 11:58:59 AM
Has anyone answered this before? I'm curious how in context I'm supposed to believe he did it.
Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
 Sep 15 2011, 10:29:44 AM
I was at the first Encore performance last night. The house was pretty full, maybe 20 empty seats out of 199. The show was fantastic! Tina Stafford was hilarious, but a totally different take on Julie than Jennifer Barnhart. Her Julie was a little more realistic, which was in a way more sincere. There were a few line flubs, but I think Tina will get better this week. I'm going to try and go again for the final late perf Saturday night. Other major changes include the entrance and exits for Julie
Anyone seeing Legend of Julie Taymor tonight?
 Sep 14 2011, 01:30:21 PM
I saw it at Fringe and I'm going again tonight. I didn't know if anyone else knows if they're making any changes for the Encore.
FRINGE FESTIVAL THREAD
 Aug 25 2011, 11:37:55 AM
Thank God I got into Legend of Julie Taymor last night. There were about 25 people in the cancellation line, and the show was phenomenal! One of the most polished, professional shows I've ever seen at the Fringe. A legit good stand-alone musical. Anyone know if they will extend?
What Is Next For Julie Taymor?
 Mar 9 2011, 10:17:33 PM
A very tall building and an open window.
Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
 Mar 9 2011, 05:01:46 PM
I think the producers know they have a struggle ahead of them of appealing to a general audience. In my opinion they don't want people to know it's a drag show, and that shows in most marketing and advertising I've seen.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You