So I found some playbills...

losttheatre12 Profile Photo
losttheatre12
#1So I found some playbills...
Posted: 9/18/11 at 9:13pm

Hello everyone. First and foremost, allow me to say that I have been a LONG-time reader of the boards and this is my first time posting. I live all the way in Arkansas. And this board and site are pretty much my only preferred way of knowing what's going on in theatre anymore...since I'm not able to pursue it as a career anymore.

Anyway!

I'm moving soon and found some old playbills a friend had given me several years ago while I sorting through some things. I'm just wondering if anyone might know what they might go for on e-Bay or anywhere else online. Here's what I have...

Playbill from London production of "Sunset Blvd" at the Adelphi Theatre that featured Patti LuPone as Norma and Kevin Anderson as Joe. Great condition.

Playbill from Broadway production of "The Incomperable T.C. Jones" at the Geary Theatre. I've never heard of this theatre, so maybe it's been torn down or renamed since? There's a production start date in it of September 27, 1965. So obviously, it's a pretty old playbill. However, it is in excellent condition.

The last playbill I have is for "Someone Who'll Watch Over Me" at the Booth Theatre. Also in good condition.

Any and all help is appreciated. I probably won't be posting here much, because I enjoy reading all of your discussions far more than I would ever want to contribute...and I know next to nothing about anything going on in New York so I wouldn't be much help anyway. Thanks, again!

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#2So I found some playbills...
Posted: 9/19/11 at 6:24pm

how much are these going for? (mainly interested in Sunset)

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#2So I found some playbills...
Posted: 9/20/11 at 6:45am

Geary Theatre sounds like it is in another state. It is definitely not on or off Broadway.

You should not hesitate about contributing to the message board. Most posters are polite and won't eat you alive.

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#3So I found some playbills...
Posted: 9/20/11 at 7:41am

The Geary is in San Francisco. It's now the home of ACT, but it was a commercial venue before then.

http://www.act-sf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_history_geary

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Videos