News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for losttheatre12

losttheatre12 Profile Photo
Member Name: losttheatre12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Indiana Boycott - Broadway tours
 Apr 2 2015, 08:48:12 PM

I (unfortunately) live in Arkansas where, as most of you know, we've had pretty much the same discriminatory legislation going through our government as Indiana has. We have a truly wonderful regional theatre here in Little Rock called the Arkansas Repertory Theatre, or "The Rep". Earlier this week, they posted this on their Facebook page, which you can read here:https://www.facebook.com/ArkansasRep/photos/a.297210091104.150447.196032146104/10152639465021105/?type=1&theater And I gained even more respect for them having risked a LOT by posting it in this uber conservative state. 

It seems that Indiana is getting most of the attention- please remember us in the LGBT community in Arkansas as it is getting flat-out dangerous for us here.

"Big Fish"
 Feb 2 2015, 09:28:46 PM
Hi all. Forgive me if I should have searched for a thread about the show when it was still running. But I would like to know- from those who saw it- what your thoughts were of "Big Fish" the musical? I never saw the production, but I recently downloaded the cast album and absolutely fell in love with the score- just gorgeous. What's weird is that when I watch clips of the show on YouTube, I find myself being less than impressed with what I'm seeing. Maybe it's just one of those times that I buil
Help needed picking Broadway cast albums
 Jan 8 2015, 08:22:59 PM
For those who suggested "Big Fish", THANK YOU!!! I listened to the entire cast album from start to finish last night. Truly one of the most beautiful modern scores I've heard in a long time. And it left me pretty sad that it closed so early- the music just absolutely floored me.

Love all your suggestions- appreciate the help!

Help needed picking Broadway cast albums
 Jan 4 2015, 08:12:00 PM
Hi all. I received some Google Play gift cards for Christmas, and would like to expand my musical collection with some recent cast albums. I'm still holding out for the yet-to-be-released "Side Show" revival album but I'm interested in getting albums from this through the past five seasons. If you had to suggest some albums from these seasons that a true musical lover should have, what would they be? Any and all help appreciated.

Spelling Bee Audience Members
 Jan 4 2015, 05:00:43 PM
When the national tour came to my area, they had a table set up in the lobby asking people to sign up to be on stage. Then they interviewed all of us. The questions were mainly aimed to eliminate people...at least it seemed this way to me...who were just looking to get on stage to show out more or less. They didn't announce who had won until less than 5 minutes before the show started which was really inconvenient since my seat I had a ticket for was smack dab in the middle of a row and I had to
Ugliest broadway posters
 Jan 3 2015, 05:56:20 PM
The fact that the "IF" of "IF/THEN" is a completely different font and bolded from everything else drives me baths*t crazy. And I can't explain why.
BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Dec 20 2014, 06:25:59 PM
I had the most fun watching MEMPHIS. The book didn't really wrap things up the way I wanted, but overall it was a truly enjoyable night of theatre for me. And LOVE NEVER DIES was one of the most beautiful shows I've ever seen- set-wise. I couldn't hum a single note of it now, but the Australian production (the one they broadcast in movie theaters) made my jaw drop at how gorgeous it all was.
Kristin Chenoweth Is
 Nov 29 2014, 07:31:54 PM
I'll admit, when she said she was going to sing "Bring Him Home", I rolled my eyes and almost fast forwarded through it. When you've heard this song a billion times, you've heard it a trillion times. But my husband wanted to see what she did with it, and I'm really glad I watched it too. Won't lie- there were tears in my eyes when she finished with it. I never would've thought that song would sound good in a female voice, but at least for Kristin, I was floored by her performance of it.
Great one-man/one-woman plays to read?
 Oct 18 2014, 06:13:27 PM
Hi all. I'm looking to expand my play library and am interested in one-man or one-woman shows. Could you reccommend your favorites, what they're about, and why you reccommend it? Thanks!
Memphis
 Sep 14 2014, 06:19:02 PM
So back to the subject of MEMPHIS...lol...

I have a couple of questions regarding the plot that I didn't quite get answered from watching it that hopefully one of you might be able to help me with. In the musical, Huey is able to buy his mother a house with all the money he is making once he becomes a celebrity in Memphis. After Huey has basically given a big "F You" to the network executives by not wanting to do the show in New York if it can't be integrated, why does his mother then g

Memphis
 Sep 13 2014, 09:02:43 PM
For those who care, the specific production I saw was at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre (www.therep.org) and they pretty much produce outstanding work all the time. I've been going to shows there for a little over 10 years now and I am constantly surprised how professional and top-notch the quality of the shows are for it being in Little Rock, Arkansas of all places. But then again, these are actors from New York doing this so I guess that says a lot.

With that being said, in regards to

"Memphis"
 Sep 12 2014, 11:16:50 PM
Hi all. Long time lurker, rare poster. I remember reading a lot of talk on here about "Memphis" the musical and the general consensus I saw was that not many of you were fans of it. Last night, I saw one of the first regional theatre productions of the show and I have to say I was blown away by it. Yes, there were some energy dips here and there but I never really felt like I was losing interest. My question is...what didn't you like about it specifically? I honestly went in expecting not to lik
Pal Joey is now African American... and gay characters...
 Aug 10 2013, 11:29:17 AM
I will give them credit, they have started introducing newer works or pieces that are not as known in this region as of late...albeit most of it is incredibly safe material. I'm all for them trying new things...trust me...we have so few options here in Little Rock, so I'll take what I can get in regards to theatre. They're doing a world premiere musical version of "Because of Winn Dixie" in December and while the movie and subject matter bore me to tears, the only thing that is making me want to
Pal Joey is now African American... and gay characters...
 Aug 10 2013, 09:48:33 AM
Hi everyone, I seldom comment on here...but longtime "lurker" so to speak. Anyway, I live in Little Rock, AR where The Rep will be producing this new version of "Pal Joey" next month. And I have been a long time patron of the theatre and have seen pretty much every show there over the past 8 years. Now, with that being said, I know how well their subscriber base and regular patrons react to their shows...and this theatre plays it SAFE for the most part due to this. Granted, they did do "Avenue Q
Going to shows alone
 Apr 20 2013, 07:27:15 PM
Back when I was in college and single, I would go see shows all the time by myself and it did get old not having anyone to chat with during intermission about how we were liking the performance so far, and then afterwards what we had thought about it as a whole. The "high", so to speak, that really awesome musicals would leave me on just kinda fell flat when I went home after a show with no one to go on and on about it with.

I've been with my partner for 3 years now and he had no theatr

Joseph - New Version
 Jul 29 2012, 01:09:15 PM
I live near Branson, MO (where this staging is taking place) and you have to understand that any locally produced version of a musical in Branson will be 10x more kitchy and infuse about 100x more Christianity into it than was originally written. This is the bible belt and is what tourists here expect. Does it make for great theatre? Not really. But it is the norm here.
So I found some playbills...
 Sep 18 2011, 09:13:28 PM
Hello everyone. First and foremost, allow me to say that I have been a LONG-time reader of the boards and this is my first time posting. I live all the way in Arkansas. And this board and site are pretty much my only preferred way of knowing what's going on in theatre anymore...since I'm not able to pursue it as a career anymore.

Anyway!

I'm moving soon and found some old playbills a friend had given me several years ago while I sorting through some things. I'm just wondering i

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You