pixeltracker

Love Never Dies coming to Blu-ray February 7, 2012!

Klem
#1Love Never Dies coming to Blu-ray February 7, 2012!
Posted: 12/6/11 at 6:38pm

Love Never Dies Blu-ray
from www.blu-ray.com

Next February, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will bring Love Never Dies to Blu-ray. Filmed before a live audience, this lavish musical picks up ten years after the events of The Phantom of the Opera in order to further examine the relationship between Christine and the Phantom.

From Universal's official synopsis:

"The year is 1907. It is 10 years after the Phantom's disappearance from the Paris Opera House. He has escaped to a new life in New York where he lives amongst the screaming joy rides and freak-shows of Coney Island. In this new electrically-charged world, he has finally found a place for his music to soar. All that is missing is his love - Christine Daae. Now one of the world's finest sopranos, Christine is struggling in an ailing marriage to Raoul. So, it is with excitement she accepts an invitation to travel to New York and perform at a renowned opera house. In a final bid to win back her love, the Phantom lures Christine, her husband, and their young son Gustave from Manhattan, to the glittering and glorious world of Coney Island…not knowing what is in store for them."

Universal's Blu-ray presents the performance in a 1.78:1 aspect ratio with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track. In addition, the disc has the following bonus feature:

Behind-the-scenes featurette with Love Never Dies creator Andrew Lloyd Webber

Love Never Dies is expected to street on February 7th, 2012.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#2Love Never Dies coming to Blu-ray February 7, 2012!
Posted: 12/6/11 at 6:46pm

Is this a N American release date as well? I'm confused--I still don't even know what the 25th concert dvd release date here is.

Anyone know if this was filmed live with audience or not? I admit I have a weird hang up that I always find filmed stage productions better with an audience--as opposed to how Cats etc were filmed--or even more annoying the Nunn Oklahoma! being filmed on a sound stage and then having faked audience reaction scenes spliced in.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2Love Never Dies coming to Blu-ray February 7, 2012!
Posted: 12/6/11 at 7:22pm

Broadway's longest-running production of all time celebrates a triumphant quarter century on stage with The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall, coming to Blu-ray™ – with perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound- DVD, On Demand and Digital Download on February 7, 2012 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

Read more: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/LOVE-NEVER-DIES-PHANTOM-25th-Set-for-February-7-2012-US-Release-20111206#ixzz1fntXy4FZ

Apparently it's the US dates... very excited for both of these releases!!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#3Love Never Dies coming to Blu-ray February 7, 2012!
Posted: 12/7/11 at 8:54am

VERY excited for this Love Never Dies coming to Blu-ray February 7, 2012!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Pulped
#4Love Never Dies coming to Blu-ray February 7, 2012!
Posted: 12/7/11 at 9:34am

This new Australian version of Love Never Dies is indeed filmed with a live audience. I was there at the Regent Theatre in Melbourne on the very night they did so!

I can also tell you I had a heart attack of joy when Director Simon Phillips and the Lord himself walked out on stage to greet the audience. :)

We even got free champagne as a thankyou from Lord Lloyd Webber and co.

However, they filmed the show both with and without an audience.

The closed audience-free days of filming were so they could get the cameras on stage and shoot some really intimate shots and neat angles they would not be able to get if they had an audience watching. And then the last day was the public filming where the show was staged as normal with cameras filming from off-stage and also filming the attending audience.

It's a beautiful show, much deserving to be immortalised in a filmed recording. I adore it so much. Hope the rest of the world will too!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#5Love Never Dies coming to Blu-ray February 7, 2012!
Posted: 12/7/11 at 3:12pm

I saw the show in London and I'm curious how this one compares. I've heard it's quite superior to London which would surprise me if there have been no massive book or score changes. For the most part, the only thing the show really had going for it was the visual. You needed a lot of dazzle to ignore the nonsensical and mostly uninteresting book. And the London production did that pretty well. Except for The Beauty Underneath, which was one of the singular WORST numbers I've ever witnessed on stage. The music, the content, the staging, that God-awful singing chandelier...GAH! That was torture for me.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Videos