News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jacobsnchz14

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
Member Name: jacobsnchz14
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DEATH BECOMES HER Previews
 Oct 24 2024, 10:18:39 AM

terrilovesNY said: "Can anyone who was there comment on merch? I thought I saw a picture of a sparkly purple tumbler type mug, but now cannot find it. Nothing on the website yet. Looking forward to this in a few weeks!"

https://aracaeventmerch.com/collections/dbh-shop-all

Oct 23 2024, 08:50:49 PM

https://x.com/findmeon45th/status/1849239528222912779?s=46&t=7saXIZjJ_7gAb2-aEKbHkQ

Oct 23 2024, 10:58:34 AM

Wrinkled, wrinkled little Broadway stars! After seeing the first preview in Chicago, I am so ecstatic that the show is finally coming to Broadway. I’ll be there in November and cannot wait to see how it has developed or changed or tightened. A lot of it was in really good shape just six months ago… let’s see how it goes at the Lunt-Fontanne!

Oct 22 2024, 09:25:55 PM

Wrinkled, wrinkled little Broadway starts After seeing the first preview in Chicago, I am so ecstatic that the show is finally coming to Broadway. I’ll be there in November and cannot wait to see how it has developed or changed or tightened. A lot of it was in really good shape just six months ago… let’s see how it goes at the Lunt-Fontanne!

SMASH will officially land on Broadway in spring 2025
 Oct 22 2024, 10:08:14 AM

"Robyn Hurder and Caroline Bowman will star in ‘Smash’ on Broadway" by Broadway News' Michael Abourizk - "The previously announced musical based on Theresa Rebeck’s NBC series will begin previews on March 11 and open on April 10 at Broadway’s Imperial Theatre, current home of “Water for Elephants.” At the helm of “Smash” will be Susan Stroman.

The company of the musical will be led by Tony Award nominee Robyn Hurder as Ivy and Caroline Bowman as Karen, with Tony nominee Brooks Ashmanskas as Nigel, Tony nominee Kristine Nielsen as Susan, Krysta Rodriguez as Tracy, John Behlmann as Jerry, Jacqueline B. Arnold as Anita, Bella Coppola as Chloe and Casey Garvin as Charlie. ...

“Smash” features a score by Tony-winning duo Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman and a book co-written by Tony winner Bob Martin and Tony nominee Rick Elice. Tony nominee Joshua Bergasse will serve as choreographer.

“I am thrilled that it is the best in the business,” Stroman told Broadway News. “When we have creative meetings, they’re filled with electricity. Everybody is funny, everybody’s smart and everybody understands what it takes to do a Broadway show.” ...

“The collaboration is very strong and very energized,” Stroman continued. “It is joyful. What excites me most is the comedy. It’s really funny. Bob Martin and Rick Elice are hysterical, both of them personally and then in their writings. They really have done an incredible job on making the script funny. I love comedy, so I can’t wait to do these scenes with this cast — I have real comics doing it.” ...

Also newly announced are the “Smash” ensemblists, which comprise Wendi Bergamini, Sarah Bowden, Jacob Burns, Deanna Cudjoe, Chelle Denton, Daniel Gaymon, Merritt David Janes, Megan Kane, David Paul Kidder, Ian Liberto, Libby Lloyd, McGee Maddox, Connor McRory, J Savage, Jake Trammel and Katie Webber. Additional casting, by Bernard Telsey and Kristian Charbonier, will be announced.

The creative team for “Smash” includes Tony-winning scenic designer Beowulf Boritt, costume designer Alejo Vietti, Tony-winning lighting designer Ken Billington, Tony-winning sound designer Brian Ronan and projection designer S Katy Tucker. The music team includes Tony-winning orchestrator Doug Besterman, Tony-nominated dance/incidental music arranger Sam Davis and Tony-winning music supervisor Stephen Oremus101 Productions, Ltd. will serve as general manager. 

“Smash” is being produced by Steven SpielbergRobert GreenblattNeil Meron and Jennifer Hudson." https://bway.ly/47dtef

TAMMY FAYE Previews
 Oct 20 2024, 11:22:20 AM

This is a weird question out of curiosity, but because I’ve been interested in seeing this musical and have been tepid about getting a ticket…

But as an American in London, did you feel like the audience being mostly from the UK and not necessarily as tied into the Tammy Faye story/lore made you feel a sense of ownership or that this comes across more as an first-time telling of that story to that audience? And maybe the audience on Broadway made you or the show feel

Lonny Price directing new DIRTY DANCING stage musical aimed for Broadway
 Oct 17 2024, 10:05:31 AM

https://playbill.com/article/lonny-price-directing-dirty-dancing-stage-musical-aimed-at-broadway

A stage musical of the 1987 film Dirty Dancing is eyeing Broadway once again, this time with Tony nominee Lonny Price, who acted in the original film, at the helm. Producers Lionsgate and The Path Entertainment Group (via their stage banner Showpath) say the new production will launch in late 2025 with a major run in North America, followed by an international roll-out. Further details are to be announced.

The film first came to the stage in 2004 with an Australian production that used the songs from the film and a script by the title's screenwriter, Eleanor Bergstein. The musical played a five-year run in London's West End beginning in 2006, getting revivals in 2013 and 2022.

Broadway has proved more elusive. A North American mini-tour, publicized as "pre-Broadway," was launched in 2006, playing Toronto, Chicago, Boston, and Los Angeles. A full North American tour embarked in 2014.

It remains unclear how this upcoming production will compare to the earlier stagings, none of which were directed by Price. Bergstein is still attached, and says this version will be "reimagined" in a press statement. Press notes also tease "new choreography and staging concepts, and perhaps even some new songs."

Machado, Dacal, and more will lead REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES musical at ART
 Oct 16 2024, 09:28:59 AM
BROADWAY NEWS EXCLUSIVE: "Exclusive: ‘Real Women Have Curves’ reveals dates for Broadway premiere" by Broadway News' Michael Abourizk - "The previously announced musical will play a Shubert Organization-owned theater to be announced, beginning previews on April 1 ahead of an April 27 opening night. Sergio Trujillo will repeat his dual director-choreographer duties from the musical’s 2023 world premiere engagement at American Repertory Theater (A.R.T.) in Cambridge, Massachusetts. ...
Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Oct 9 2024, 10:22:10 AM

Plannietink08 said: "There was a screening held today. Anyone have any intel on how the film is?"

If you listen to the recent Sentimental Men podcast episode, they talk about two different screenings that they went to. Listening to it now, actually.

PASSING STRANGE revival to play at ART
 Oct 1 2024, 02:34:14 PM

Passing Strange Completes Our 2024/25 Season

Liesl Tommy’s Electric New Revival
Playing MAY 20 - JUN 29, 2025

A young musician sets out on an electrifying musical odyssey to find himself and his place in the world, swapping his middle-class LA upbringing for punk rock and protest in 1980s Amsterdam and Berlin in Passing Strange. Tony Award-nominated director Liesl Tommy (Eclipsed on Broadway, the Aretha Frankl

Karimloo to lead NINE IN CONCERT in 2025
 Oct 1 2024, 07:35:37 AM

https://www.whatsonstage.com/news/nine-starring-ramin-karimloo-to-be-performed-in-concert-next-year_1635478/

Exclusive: Hope Mill Theatre has announced a concert version of Nine the Musical, set to take place at The Lowry, Salford, in February.

The production, which marks the theatre’s ninth anniversary, will star West End and Broadway performer Ramin Karimloo in the lead role of Guido Contini.

Nine, with music and lyrics by Maury Yeston and a book by Arthur Kopit, is based on the Italian work by Mario Fratti. It tells the story of Guido, a film director grappling with creative and personal crises as he struggles to finish his latest movie.

The concert will be co-directed by Hope Mill Theatre’s founders, William Whelton and Joseph Houston, and produced by Whelton and Rhianna Swyer.

Gavin Creel has passed away
 Sep 30 2024, 01:23:09 PM

I hope we get to see/hear even an archival of Walk On Through so I can hear some of his story in the way he wrote that piece.

Gavin Creel has passed away
 Sep 30 2024, 12:49:55 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/DAjGk_qpQn5/

MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN On Broadway in 2025?
 Sep 30 2024, 09:33:40 AM

https://playbill.com/article/jason-robert-brown-musical-midnight-in-the-garden-of-good-and-evil-will-bow-on-broadway-in-2025

Jason Robert Brown and Taylor Mac's new musical Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil will make a Broadway bow in 2025, with cast, dates, and theatre to be announced. The work, adapted from John Berendt's 1994 non-fiction book, made its world premiere at Chicago's Goodman Theatre earlier this year. Read reviews for that run here.

Christopher Ashley Will Take Over as Roundabout Theatre Company Artistic Director
 Sep 25 2024, 02:06:31 PM

BroadwayWorld has just learned that Tony Award winner Christopher Ashley, 17-year Artistic Director of La Jolla Playhouse, will be the new Artistic Director of Roundabout Theatre Company, to begin his tenure in July 2026 with the 2027-28 season.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Christopher-Ashley-Will-Take-Over-as-Roundabout-Theatre-Company-Artistic-Director-20240925

The Public announces two new musicals for 2025 season
 Sep 25 2024, 01:25:24 PM

inception said: "What is Goddess about?"

From Berkeley Rep website (2022 production): 

A mysterious singer arrives at Moto Moto, a steamy Afro-jazz club in Mombasa, Kenya. She casts an entrancing spell on everyone, including a young man who has returned home from studying in America. Will the big plans for his life — stepping into a political legacy and marrying his fiancée — be upended?

Inspired by the myth of Marimba, the Godde

The Public announces two new musicals for 2025 season
 Sep 25 2024, 09:56:31 AM

GODDESS (New York Premiere in Spring 2025)

Conceived by Saheem Ali

Music & Lyrics by Michael Thurber

Book by Jocelyn Bioh

Choreography by Darrell Grand Moultrie Directed by Saheem Ali

SEAT OF OUR PANTS (World Premiere Musical in Fall 2025)

Music & Lyrics by Ethan Lipton

Based Upon the Play The Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder

Directed by Leigh Silverman

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=932013878756520

Scherzinger in SUNSET BLVD. Previews
 Sep 23 2024, 06:29:51 PM

NICOLE SCHERZINGER stars as the immortal Norma Desmond in ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER’s legendary SUNSET BLVD., reimagined by visionary director JAMIE LLOYDThe New York Times declares, “This bravura new revival belongs to the here and now. Nicole Scherzinger gives a career-defining performance.” And The Washington Post hails, “This killer production i

JOY musical will be produced in an NFT Metaverse
 Sep 23 2024, 02:07:18 PM

https://playbill.com/job/joy-nyc-epa-10-03-24-10-07-24-10-17-24/15c02b6c-4a12-4699-9757-ac8bc3fbde76

Rachel Zegler & Kit Connor-led ROMEO + JULIET Previews
 Sep 20 2024, 05:53:36 PM

The Youth Are F**ked

Left to their own devices in their parents’ world of violent ends, an impulsive pair of star-crossed lovers hurtle towards their inescapable fate. The intoxicating high of passion quickly descends into a brutal chaos that can only end one way.

Emmy Award winner Kit Connor (“Heartstopper”) and Golden Globe Award winner Rachel Zegler (Spielberg’s “West Side Story”) star a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You