Between tkts and the show

Disneywed Profile Photo
Disneywed
#1Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/7/12 at 9:49pm

So if I'm in ny for the day - what can I do between the tkts line & show time?

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#2Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/8/12 at 6:03pm

what time are you getting to tots and what time would the show be? There's plenty to do in the times square area for a couple of hours.

Dollypop
#2Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/8/12 at 6:24pm

Museums, shopping, dinner and people watching.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

CurtisB Profile Photo
CurtisB
#3Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/8/12 at 6:27pm

Why don't you use broadwaybox.com and avoid TKTS all together?

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#4Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/9/12 at 5:31pm

Cross 47th Street and go into the N/R subway. Take the Queens-bound train 3 stops to Lexington Ave. Go upstairs to Bloomingdale's. You really can shop 'till you drop. They also have a good burger joint called Flip! (with a bar) in the basement Men's Department. Or have a frozen yogurt at 40 Carrots.

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#5Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/9/12 at 8:10pm

One of the best tips for TKTS is to go right before the show. So, get there at 1:30 for 2 pm show. There's usually not much of a line, and sometimes, the house releases more tickets right before the curtain (at least that's what I've read). . If you do have an amount of time to kill you can walk up Broadway to Columbus Circle to The Time Warner Center and have cocktails, lunch, and shop, or if the weather is nice, walk around in the southern most part of Central Park.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

wonkit
#6Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/9/12 at 8:23pm

Have lunch at the Whole Foods in the basement of the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle, and pick up some $25 almond butter...

Disneywed Profile Photo
Disneywed
#7Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/10/12 at 10:41am

Thanks all! I ended up getting brunch at Blue Fin, roaming around hiting the bookstore and such. BTW LOVED Seminar! Next time I will go in without a show in mind and hit the booth closer to show time, but this time I was 1st on the play only line as I had my heart set on Seminar. Jerry Oconnell came out at the stage door and was so sweet to all. Was a good day.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#8Between tkts and the show
Posted: 2/10/12 at 10:48am

Drink. That's what I do.

Videos