pixeltracker

Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife- Page 7

Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife

bwaybby
#150Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 7:06pm

this cast is very exciting I think. I saw Fitzgerald with the obc of Wicked and thought he was so unique! I feel the same about his voice. Do we know if Amy is a good singer?

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#151Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 7:20pm

i would love to see NLB as the Baker...and i agree Ramirez is a VERY interesting choice for either Witch or the Wife.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#152Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 7:26pm

"There are rumors out there of either Toni Collette OR Gwyneth Paltrow as the Witch, and N.L. Butz as the Baker."

Butz yes.

Paltrow no.

Collette is my dream Witch. I don't even want to think about how great she would be for fear it won't happen.

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#153Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 7:34pm

i could see Paltrow, whose voice is (to me) fine but not all that forceful...more as the Wife than the Witch.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#154Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 8:32pm

I'm surprised that they got a "Hollywood" star for the Baker's wife over the Witch. I think Sara Ramirez should be fine since this is over the summer, yes? She would be fabulous. I think Donna would/will do wonders, but I'm surprised that they didn't go with a bigger name or edgier pick. Idina is also kind of a safe pick for the Witch ot me, plus she's probably touring.

How about Megan Hilty? Or what about a younger Witch, maybe someone like Naya Rivera? Mainly because I want her to do Broadway, but still.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

henrikegerman
#155Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 8:41pm

"Do we know if Amy is a good singer?"

Oh, hell yes!

live at the oscars

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#156Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 9:27pm

If this were first, actors who do television could do it. But, July is when a lot have to go back to set for filming, so unfortunately Sara Ramirez would certainly be out. I would camp out for the entire run just for her though, if it happened.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

MikeInTheDistrict Profile Photo
MikeInTheDistrict
#157Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 9:56pm

Toni Collette would be perfect as the Witch.

And, I know she's currently best known as "Sutton Foster's understudy", but I think Tari Kelly would have made a wonderful Baker's Wife.

RainbowJude Profile Photo
RainbowJude
#158Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/5/12 at 12:33am

Imagine how awkward it would be if lines had been crossed somewhere along the way and it was actually Amy Adams, the AMERICAN IDOL finalist, who was the Narrator to Patrick Cassidy's Joseph in the tour of JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT, who was set to play the Baker's Wife.

Musical Cyberspace: a tribute to the musicals of Broadway and beyond.

henrikegerman
#159Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/5/12 at 10:35am

"And, I know she's currently best known as "Sutton Foster's understudy", but I think Tari Kelly would have made a wonderful Baker's Wife."

Having seen Tari Kelly as Reno, I long to see her in a great role, hopefully a new one, and soon! She's the real deal, a true triple threat, and deserves to be a star.

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#160Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/5/12 at 11:51am

i have seen Ms. Kelly several times regionally in major roles and she is a true find...triple threat and nice to boot, versatility...she needs a NYC break SOON.