News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TxTwoStep

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
Member Name: TxTwoStep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Poll: Which upcoming Broadway musical are you most looking forward to?  Sep 1 2012, 02:19:12 PM
for me, its between DROOD and HOUDINI whenever that comes in.
Musicals with a small male cast  Sep 1 2012, 01:31:28 PM
NINE (one guy)
LITTLE WOMEN has more girls than men
QUILTERS (an excellent all-woman show, that can be small or large)
those come to mind first...
SWEET CHARITY is also heavily female, and one recent production had one actor play all of Charity's love interests, too...

First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H  Sep 1 2012, 11:32:04 AM
Ms. Wicks is amazing. It's an excellent choice.

First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H  Sep 1 2012, 02:29:49 AM
i truly trust Calhoun's visual sense, particularly after BROOKLYN (the best part of that show), Deaf West BIG RIVER, and even the NINE TO FIVE tour (as reminiscent as the visuals were to the original GREASE design). i wish i had seen his Deaf West PIPPIN. And though the visuals that Greg Boyd/Kevin Rigdon provide or oversee for the Alley are often amazing (though i did miss the original J&H there), i find in general that Calhoun's are more a "machine for the action" and not just "design for desi
Original ‘Oklahoma!’ Star Joan Roberts Dies at 95  Aug 16 2012, 04:27:10 PM
with the passing of Celeste Holm, who i adored...(not that i didn't Joan Roberts)...does that leave only George S. Irving alive from the original cast? or did i miss his passing? perhaps there are lesser known names or those no longer in the bidness still alive...that period-faithful production in NC should have tried to gather them up (maybe the school did and again i missed it).
Where's the Tap Number?  Aug 16 2012, 04:04:45 PM
well, it's no MAMMA MIA.
Where's the Tap Number?  Aug 16 2012, 12:41:06 PM
not "bothered" but just open-eyed about it...

Where's the Tap Number?  Aug 16 2012, 12:15:02 PM
i'm still trying to get over the notion that a tap number in LB would betray the "storytelling" that can allow the inclusion of a Riverdance parody. HUNH?!?!?
Riedel: No 'Woods' on B'way  Aug 16 2012, 03:20:57 AM
bygones for the double post

Riedel: No 'Woods' on B'way  Aug 16 2012, 03:20:33 AM
i saw GIANT in DC but not in Dallas. i have to say i find the score MUCH more accessible than LaChiusa has a reputation of achieving. The story is epic as is Ferber's other work SHOW BOAT, but i heard no reports that the Dallas production was also over three hours. i have to say, and i know it's subjective, that to me the running time is not so relevant because the power of his music is so appealing. He has really seemed to channel all the many musical styles to be found in Texas and made still
Sarah Uriarte Berry End Of The Rainbow  Aug 14 2012, 02:32:57 PM
that SUB has always been one of my faves, all the way back to the CAROUSEL first National tour of the National Theatre production! woman is a powerhouse singer/actress and NICE to boot...stop bogarting all the good genes...i too look forward to her next project!
Smash -- Series Discussion  Aug 14 2012, 01:38:15 PM
Sean's most villainous TV guest shot may have been on 30 ROCK as Kenneth the Page's relative who trapped Tracy Jordan MISERY style...
Scandalous artwork  Aug 14 2012, 01:36:14 PM
this BWW article's first line calls her "contributing composer" and the Wikipedia does too on each of the collaborator's pages (or similar wording). Who really knows? i just have always found her singing to really be one of the best parts of her, all the way back to NAME THAT TUNE (yes, i'm that old).

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Kathie-Lee-Giffords-THE-AIMEE-PROJECT--Formerly-SAVING-AIMEE--Set-for-Broadway-Opening-This-Fall-20120622

Smash -- Series Discussion  Aug 14 2012, 03:40:18 AM
if the new rival show is based on LIAISONS, wouldn't it be better served (if it's JHud's show, unless her diva role is in yet ANOTHER fictional B'way show like Leo Nor's was) to be called CRUEL INTENTIONS? and if not, i wish it could be THE GAME which is an actual musicale of the classic play that Barrington Stage has done twice.
Smash -- Series Discussion  Aug 14 2012, 03:40:17 AM
if the new rival show is based on LIAISONS, wouldn't it be better served (if it's JHud's show, unless her diva role is in yet ANOTHER fictional B'way show like Leo Nor's was) to be called CRUEL INTENTIONS? and if not, i wish it could be THE GAME which is an actual musicale of the classic play that Barrington Stage has done twice.
Smash -- Series Discussion  Aug 14 2012, 03:36:59 AM
come on Canuck Eric, it is NOT the BWW tradition to let pesky facts ruin a good dishy post.

Scandalous artwork  Aug 14 2012, 03:17:33 AM
read many drafts when it was called HURRICANE i believe, pre-Seattle. i hear it improved a lot there. i like her sense of melody fine but not the lyrix then or the libretto, though i find Aimee's story fascinating. i have demos of Carolee and she does indeed sound amazing but i don't think it's Kaye on those too...love me some Eds in that workshop though, Mr. Watts and Mr. Dixon. This title change is interesting and provocative i think. i also saw Dixon in her show UNDER THE BRIDGE or UNDERNEATH
THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, Pre-Broadway Tryout in Nashville -- Discussion  Aug 13 2012, 09:48:14 AM
the movie version of TRUTH LIES is pretty good too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373450/
THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, Pre-Broadway Tryout in Nashville -- Discussion  Aug 13 2012, 09:46:42 AM
what i'd love to see is a Holmes musical of his novel WHERE THE TRUTH LIES based on the Martin/Lewis partnership. i love his many talented sides, and that's a fascinating mystery with a strong relationship at the center...miles above, though not as instantly recognizable, NUTTY.
The most shocking Tony performance of all time....  Jun 5 2012, 07:09:48 PM
i thought in the article there was a mention of an intentional producer decision to include this but not the other shows...however, it was not sourced.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You