pixeltracker

Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!- Page 2

Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!

FindingNamo
#25Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 3:20pm

I was the guy who used the word "woof" for the first time in history when I stage doored Keith Andes.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#26Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 3:32pm

OFFICIALLY my ALL TIME FAVORITE THREAD EVER! The creativity here is off the charts!

PRS That "screen cap" is INGENIOUS!

This made my day...and Lord knows I needed a smile today. Thanks guys!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#27Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 4:07pm

Brava all!

This is the kind of thread that makes me realize how much less clever I am than y'all.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#28Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 4:19pm

The night I went (spoiler ahead)

the damned car didn't work at the end of "Hey Look Me Over". That ruined the whole show for me. I tried to get a refund but the nasty guy at the box office just laughed at me.

FindingNamo
#29Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 4:23pm

I hope you didn't shell out for one of the premium $8.95 seats. Broadway is becoming unaffordable for the average person.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#30Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 4:27pm

No, I got this new fangled student rush ticket for $1.50.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#31Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 4:42pm

I saw a man in the audience in a gray suit who wasn't wearing a tie! First a Hollywood "actress" in a Broadway musical too lazy to perform and now the dregs of society in the audience showing NO RESPECT for the theatre. Broadway is officially dead. Time Square has an Automat! What happened to the good old days with movie houses, vaudeville and burlesque? Now it's just gloomy dramas, sugary musical comedies, and touristy diners with kitschy billboards like that dumb steaming cup of coffee. Ugh.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FindingNamo
#32Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 4:48pm

I see what you're saying but I love that steaming billboard. The arcades, though, are what bring in the wrong element.

I can't imagine saving up to buy a $6 ticket and then dressing like a slob. If this is how the '60s are shaping up, I say let's go back in time.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#33Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 5:05pm

Not only that, but the night I was there, some clod in the orchestra area yelled out, "Hey Lucy, where's Ethel!" I'm pretty sure it was a tourist. You know how they can be.

Mister Matt
#34Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 5:13pm

Al those billboards just make Times Square so touristy. I prefer the gritty Times Square with carts of rotten vegetables and navigating over piles of horse manure as you cross the street. It's all so antiseptic and corporate now. I mean, Howard Johnson's?!?!

Dollypop
#35Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 6:12pm

Howard Johnson's is swell. Go for the fried clams, they're the best ever. The hostess is a doll and she'll remember you the next time you come in!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#36Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 6:32pm

I can't believe there were only 30 people in the chorus when I saw Wildcat last week. They really are economizing these days.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

FindingNamo
#37Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 9:50pm

I have a friend who works in the sweater department at Bloomingdales and he says he knows a woman in the Wildcat! chorus. He says they've been told to cover the melodies of Lucy's songs whenever possible. Also, Lucy is apparently quite cold to the younger women in the cast. It's rather unkind, but apparently one of the chorus boys pasted a TV Guide cover picture of Lucy onto that new children's book The Cricket in Times Square.

Dollypop
#38Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 10:12pm

ALL the women in the cast are younger than Lucy.

FindingNamo
#39Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 10:16pm

I know, I was trying to imply that maybe she might be nice to somebody.

Dollypop
#40Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/16/12 at 10:34pm

I overheard her asking someone if they'd read some play by Thornton Wilder called THE MATCHMAKER. She thought it might make a good musical for her. The person she was talking to disagreed.

Mister Matt
#41Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 1:54pm

After this fiasco, hopefully it will be the last we see of That Ball Woman on Broadway.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#42Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 2:00pm

To be fair, I think they should make a movie of Wildcat and cast Angela Lansbury in the lead.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#43Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 2:01pm

MisterMatt, let me guess, that Ball woman snubbed you at the stagedoor.

FindingNamo
#44Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 2:36pm

Angela Lansbury from the '40s? What has she done lately, a couple of Playhouse 90s? I think her career is done for.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#45Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 2:43pm

That Lansberry girl is supposed to be doing some Chinese movie.

Something about Manchurian candy I think.

....but the world goes 'round

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#46Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 2:49pm

Yes, I believe it's a screwball comedy, Manchurian Candy Date.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

FindingNamo
#47Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 2:50pm

That does sound cute. Maybe it'll go somewhere. Good for Angela Lansbury, bless her heart..

Mister Matt
#48Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 2:51pm

Lansbury is just another cheap Hollywood hack taking jobs away from deserving LEGITIMATE actors. Luckily, the Tonys would never honor someone like her. She'll never be an actress. Never! Jesus Christ!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#49Lucy out of 'Wildcat!' again tonight!
Posted: 4/17/12 at 2:58pm

So true. She thinks just because she was nominated for a couple of Oscars back in the day she can do Broadway.

Someone needs to start a campaign to make sure the Tonys don't go all Hollywood.

....but the world goes 'round