Jacques Brel

SondheimFan23 Profile Photo
SondheimFan23
#1Jacques Brel
Posted: 5/6/12 at 8:27pm

Does anyone have a recording of "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris," specifically the song "My Childhood." I know this song was not in the original show and I have been wanting to hear it(specifically the 2006 revival version?) Thanks!

"Look I made a hat... where there never was a hat." "Think of how I adore you, think of how much you love me. If I were perfect for you, wouldn't you tire of me?" "Somebody, crowd me with love. Somebody, force me to care. Somebody, make me come through, I'll always be there, as frightened as you, to help us survive. Being alive. Being alive. Being alive!" "There are worse things than staring at the water as you're posing for a picture after sleeping on the ferry after getting up at seven to come over to an island in the middle of a river half an hour from the city on a Sunday!"

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Jacques Brel
Posted: 5/6/12 at 8:30pm

Natascia Diaz sings "My Childhood"

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Jacques Brel
Posted: 5/6/12 at 8:49pm

I can't help you withyour request -- but just wanted to thank you: I haven't listened to Jacque Brel in DECADES. I was turned on to the music back in the early 80s.

Just downloaded it to my iPod.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.